Simple Advanced Edit Dialogue Improvements

Hi,

could you improve the advanced edit dialogue a bit, like

1. Make “Content Mask” sticky like the target selection , otherwise I always have to scroll up and down. I mean make “content mask” + “target selection” sticky, so it stays in place (like an overlayer), also while scrolling down.

2. Make “Content Mask” more compact by a. removing headline, B. using two columns, shortening naming like “fx num”, “fx value”

√ Note √ Delay

√ Instr. √ FX num

√ Volume √ FX value

√ Panning √ Autom.

1. Suggestion for target selection: Instead writing long phrases, you could do like this (Which also saves space and much more easy to understand):

o Track o Selection

x Group o Pattern

o All x Song

If “selection” is selected, others are disabled and vice versa. You could disable all impossible selection combinations all the time for easy understanding.

This together saves a lot of space and also looks less complicated, right?

o Track o Selection

x Group o Pattern

o All x Song

√ Note √ Delay

√ Instr. √ FX num

√ Volume √ FX value

√ Panning √ Autom.

Thanks

Ah, and for the “content mask” two more buttons: “Clear” and “all”

try zap

Ah, and for the “content mask” two more buttons: “Clear” and “all”

Have you tried right-clicking the content mask checkboxes?

I would like to set all instruments (in a given range) to some value, regardless of their source number. There’s even room for a Set button next to Delete and under Remap.

I would like to set all instruments (in a given range) to some value, regardless of their source number. There’s even room for a Set button next to Delete and under Remap.

Yes!

Or possiblity of setting source instrument as a * (for any source).

Maybe you’ll find this tool useful: http://www.renoise.com/tools/convert-instrument-number.

Yes!

Or possiblity of setting source instrument as a * (for any source).

Maybe you’ll find this tool useful: http://www.renoise.com/tools/convert-instrument-number.

• as any source is even better!

Thank you for the link. Until * is an option I will use that tool.

Have you tried right-clicking the content mask checkboxes?

Thanks, didn’t know that.

Maybe you could write that info to the tooltip?

Removed buttons from first post.

And “Search & Replace” should be part of advanced edit IMO, too, instead as a tool.

And “Search & Replace” should be be of advanced edit IMO, too, instead as a tool.

Yes!

The tool doesn’t work very well, and it’s extremely slow compared to the native operations.