Simple Pianoroll: com.duftetools.SimplePianoroll.xrnx

Hi, thanks for this awesome and useful tool! I always have a hard time creating chords, and this will help me a lot. I have one question though, can anybody tell me why I can’t hear the notes when I click on the piano keys? The button is selected, but I can only hear the notes drawn on the grid, but not previewing them in the piano.

1 Like

You mean, you click with your mouse directly on the piano roll keys, right? Maybe you‘ve found a bug. I’ll check this.

Yes, that´s right. I’m using the 1.6 version of the tool on Renoise 3.3.2. I’ll try to make a tiny video showing you later. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/TjvBN8e5944 - here it is.

1 Like

Ok, it seems the OSC doesn’t work here. Did you check the settings?
Port and protocol should be the same:

I think, i need an is OSC server alive and running check.
Too bad, i cant read out these settings automatically.

1 Like

That’s it, man! I didn’t check “enable server” on the OSC settings in Renoise. Once I had never used OSC for anything, I even forgot that existed.

Piano keys now up and running. Thanks again for this amazing piece of work, it’ll help me a bunch.

1 Like

New update version 1.7:

Keyboard shortcuts should be feel more instant (changed from released to pressed state). Key repeat support was added to, so you can hold the cursor keys to move notes.

NEW: Edit with Simple piano roll via pattern matrix:

NEW: Add support for note column retrigger fx rendering:

Full changelog:

• feature: add “Edit with Simple Pianoroll …” to pattern matrix context menu
  • feature: keyboard status info bar (to show current used key combos + action)
  • feature: add key repeat support (helpful for moving or transposing notes)
  • feature: new shortcut to change note length of selected notes (ctrl + left/right)
  • feature: add note rendering support for retrigger effects (Rx)
  • enhanced: change key action on release to on pressed, so shortcuts work more fluidly
  • fix: set note length via shortcut was sometimes not possible
  • fix: paste cursor for copy / cut and paste
  • fix: try to fix stuck notes, when using shortcuts
  • fix: visual state of pen mode state
  • fix: bad “00” volume value, when changing note sizes
  • add more information’s to the osc client settings
7 Likes

fucking awesome mate! :+1:

happy tracking :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have found a visualisation/Initialisation bug. If i call the dialog between playback from Pattern Overview Window it give me that Viewresult… In first second i see the Pianoroll keyboard correct and some notes in view, but after around a half second it shows like in the screenshoot an freeze in this condition. If i move the vertical scrollbar on leftside of windows the broken Viewcondition is fixed to correct one.

No sure how i can reproduce this. Could you do a step by step or abit more details.

Ok steps to reproduce

ok i can reproduce this much simpler

1. open renoise
  2. load demosong “DBlue”
  3. open Patter overview window
  4. rightclick on a pattern and select Open Pianoroll
  5. Pianoroll Window is showed correct for around a half second and then switch to Bugged visualisation.

I have maked a screencapture for you.

https://filebin.net/cm7lifcgp1pz8oc0

1 Like

Thank you, still not reproducible for me. Could you check if there is any warnings in the scripting terminal (Tools->Scripting Terminal & Editor …)? Just open it before you trigger this issue.
Could be possible, that i’ve already fix the related issue with my current internal build. I’ve push the current state to github, so you could test this, too: latest build in Github

i dont have such an option under “Tools” menu. The only option i have is “Tools” → Toolbrowser?!

Check this:

Ok mate i tested it. Bug seems gone with this version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What means the different notecolor? i have green & blue notes now?

DBlue’s song uses “ghost” notes, notes without instrument value. That’s the reason for the different colors.

Ok mate thx for the info on this. sadly i have bad news. the bug is not gone. i have reproduce them. the only thing i made before the bug shows up again is to change the size of window in preference to 108 x 55. then after close the window and reopen i hade the same bug like i reported.

Ok mate i have good news, i know exactly what the bug causing. it depends on the y-Value of the size. If the size value you choose in preferences is a even value then it works perfect. if you choose the y-size to an uneven value then it comes to the bug.

For example i try’d different y-Values

Works → 40, 42, 44, 46, 48 and so on…

Triggers the bug → 39, 41, 43, 45, 47 and so on…

To correct functioning the Value must be divisible by 2. i think maybe is there a div type error, or casting error. Maybe you make such this (uneven Value div 2) then as the result you get an floating point typ value that cannot store in an Integer Variable without a rounding or frac operation.

i hope it helps you.

happy tracking :slight_smile:

1 Like