Ska Rocksteady Reggae Chord Sound with Keyboard / Renoise?

Hi
i like old jamaica sound but can not play the guitar chords

example

Is it possible to use a keyboard / renoise to emulate up (and downstrokes) in conjunction with closed / open chords to create a similar sound rhythmic?

guitar example

my own experiments with renoise, yamaha reface dx and guitar pedals sounds boring …

1 Like

Not for cheap, unfortunately… cheap guitar libraries sounds pretty lame and don’t usually come with closed/open chords & up/down strokes. You’ll probably have to look into dropping a pretty penny on a higher end library for Kontakt, especially if you’re also looking for those vintage tones

2 Likes

i’m past year on this east-west train, it’s 19$ monthly with almost all of their instruments…
you can hear examples here, all sounds except drums are from their libraries (and except whistle in first track :D)

my 2 cents

1 Like

thanks for your answers and sorry for my delay

Timbre is for me more interested as the sound / samples (can practice on the guitar )
would be more fun to have a similar synthesizer sounds, rhythmic chords
sadly a keyboard (piano) or drumpad is designed only for downstrokes

theres a lot tutorials on yt, how create dub-techno chords, but there are “all” open with a lot reverb/delay etc.
some early tracks are different
Example: (2:30)

don’t nothing about the Sound in the Backround (Chords?) but the timbre is (for me) very similar to a ska guitar,
In any case, the delay times are short, it sounds dry

a compare to ska “without” guitar

thanks EatMe !! (I’m just about to write one answer before)

also thnx for your song/samples, crazy bassline, like it
did you ply guitar?
when you want try (samples or guitar or ?) here are some notes to stir it up
the guitar / bass samples are cheap and false, I have no idea how create a simple sinus wave (as start point) in tune (tempered mood, concert pitch)

thanks a lot Eat Me
very impressive what you give me there
chords never interested me, a new world opens up, write here if time a little more