Slices and key to pitch OR autoseek and pitch macro?

I was to be able to trigger slices of a sample and have the ability to repitch it via the pattern editor WITH autoseek. This leaves me two options:

1. Slice to drumkit mode, use a macro to repitch it at intervals, but this doesn’t work with autoseek.

2. Pitch with keyboard notes, trigger slices via some other method? Much like how phrases use different keys to the notes, can slices be assigned to non-note keys?

3. Use 0Gxx or 0Uxx or 0Dxx to repitch notes, but this isn’t perfect, it DOES however work with autoseek, which leads me to my final question:

If0Gxx, 0Uxx and 0Dxx work with autoseek, why can’t pitch macro?

Just realized I have the power of 0Sxx! I can just offset parts of the sample without needing to slice! :smiley:

I think I get what you’re after - the problem you’re having is, if you autoseek a sample, and start messing with pitch, it messes up the speed of playback, yea? (and you really want each individual slice element to get pitched up/down/what have you at your command).

Another thing to try might be dBLue’s amazing amazing (AMAZING) tool, copy slices to pattern: https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-7-2-8-slices-to-pattern/31593

That way, you could take your sample, slice it up, and automatically lay out all the slices in the pattern editor. Then, messing w/ pitch via macros doesn’t affect the speed of the overall sample playback, but you (essentially) get a sort of auto-seek function (because you can start playback wherever you want and you’ll still hear the sample).

Again, might have totally misunderstood, if so, ignore! :slight_smile:

I think I get what you’re after - the problem you’re having is, if you autoseek a sample, and start messing with pitch, it messes up the speed of playback, yea? (and you really want each individual slice element to get pitched up/down/what have you at your command).

Another thing to try might be dBLue’s amazing amazing (AMAZING) tool, copy slices to pattern: https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-7-2-8-slices-to-pattern/31593

That way, you could take your sample, slice it up, and automatically lay out all the slices in the pattern editor. Then, messing w/ pitch via macros doesn’t affect the speed of the overall sample playback, but you (essentially) get a sort of auto-seek function (because you can start playback wherever you want and you’ll still hear the sample).

Again, might have totally misunderstood, if so, ignore! :slight_smile:

Thanks for mentioning that tool, I’ll check that out, it’ll probably be alot quicker to use for some applications. I just wish you could autoseek with the pitch macro as you can with the pitch glide command :confused:

I just wish you could autoseek with the pitch macro as you can with the pitch glide command :confused:

This is not likely to happen, as the autoseek is basically “recreating the playback history” of a given note. Pattern commands arrive in a pretty rough (line-)resolution - pitch modulation, on the other hand, is really high resolution and would be much more expensive to recreate.