2.8 sluggish on catalina

So… before you ask me why I’m using 2.8, no I’m not pirating it (anymore, I was when I was 16). I just really like that there is built in 808 and 909 samples, I also like how you can see each track’s waveforms in default view… I do use it in conjunction with 3.3.

But it is working pretty sluggishly on my macbook pro. It wasn’t before, changed out of the blue. Resetting did not help at all. I am using it with the low resolution thing turned on. Does anyone have any suggestions? has it ever gone from working super smooth to sluggish?

To give a little more detail, my main problem is that when I use the computer keyboard, there is a slight delay, it almost feels like what I’m playing gets quantized to 32nd notes with some notes being skipped occasionally. The frame rate has also taken a noticeable hit, which I don’t really care about cuz at the end of the day it’s just letters and numbers moving around, although the gain monitor lag is kinda annoying.

Sorry about the super long post, I’m quite stoned.

1 Like

might be a color profile issue. check this thread: Renoise UI is sluggish everywhere after Catalina update - #23 by mholloway

forum search is your friend