Smart Interpolating Of (all) Pattern Data

I interpolate patterncommand/volume & panning-column values often, but don’t like that I have to border the start & end limits in the selection for every interpolation I want. I rather alt+t a track or maybe even ctrl+a, hit the desired interpolating algorithm and have Renoise automatically figger out all the interpolation between programmed values.

so for example if a panning column reads:

mouse selecting these values & pressing ‘lin’ in the advanced editor calculates all the values in one click:

5A
4C

Is this possible? Would save me some clicking, especially in busy, longer sections. Yeah, I know I can automate panning & volume with envelopes in the automation editor, though prefer it the ‘oldschool’ way. this could be useful for patterncommand values as well.
cheers,

Rico

+1

Although since IIRC you can’t select one non-note column at a time, it would have to interpolate each of this which in most cases probably wouldn’t make sense.

you can select the column using the content mask in the advanced editor.

Right click, for example, on volume there and only the volume column will be taken into account.

bump for the devs to read :slight_smile:

It works once, but what happens if all those values in between are filled and you perform the same action again?

User presses ctrl+z.

Why would you, once you’ve performed the action and filled all the ‘lines’ , want to do it again? All the places are filled, so there is no room left. Same action on already applied section shouldn’t do anything. only if there is a new space made, it should take into acount the previous and following number and so ’ intelligently’ fill in the gap.

bumpadump

for the scripting crew; would something like this be scriptable? B)