So I'm losing my hearing.

Sorry to hear.

I´m allmost 100% certain, science will be able to cure it within 20 years.

This is not the meniere´s disease but its the kind of science that will help treat it.

Growth Hormone Helps Repair the Zebrafish Ear
Sep. 5, 2011 — Loud noise, especially repeated loud noise, is known to cause irreversible damage to the hair cells inside the cochlea and eventually lead to deafness. In mammals this is irreversible. However, both birds and fish are able to re-grow the damaged hair cells and restore hearing.

I would advice you ta start and eat as healthy food as possible.
Food can have a strong impact on curing or slowing down health related diseses than most people thing, and if it don´t you will still get healthier
and maybe avoid future other problems.

This is a strong example of how food can cure problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KLjgBLwH3Wc#!

You might also try start eating
curcuma and curcuma comosa and resveratrol sources.

There are lots of science studies indicating the positive health impact that
curcuma can have. Its one of the worlds most powerful substances you can eat.

Google curcuma + study/ science etc.

It might help you somewhat.

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/herbsvitaminsandminerals/turmeric

Abstract
PURPOSE OF REVIEW:

Several nutritional compounds are the focus of public attention because of their potential beneficial health effects. Turmeric is a spice that comes from the root Curcuma longa. Extensive research over the past half century and especially in recent years has revealed important functions of curcumin and a timely review of clinical state-of-the-art using curcumin.
RECENT FINDINGS:

In-vitro and in-vivo research has shown various activities, such as anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal, cytokines release, antioxidant, immunomodulatory, enhancing of the apoptotic process, and antiangiogenic properties. Curcumin also have been shown to be a mediator of chemo-resistance and radio-resistance.

C. comosa prevented the neuron loss in the hippocampus caused by EtOH. The possible neural protective mechanism may involve with the changes in activities of the antioxidant enzymes in the hippocampus.

Curcuma longa Linn, commonly known as turmeric, is a perennial plant belonging to the family Zingiberaceae. This common Indian dietary spice and pigment has had a prominent place in the armentarium in the traditional Indian medicine. The active constituents of turmeric are categorized into the non-volatile components curcumin and other curcuminoids and the volatile curcuma oil. The content of the curcuma oil are the turmerones and other sesquiterpenoid cyclic ketones [1]. The highly lipophilic nature of the Curcuma oil may have as it is reported to have access to the brain after stroke through the transcellular lipophilic pathway. C.oil has been reported in scientific literature for antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral [2], anti-inflammatory activities, wound healing, insecticidal activity [3] and, of late, for its potent effect in oral sub-mucosal fibrosis in human [4].

The same with reservatrol.

New Study Validates Longevity Pathway: Findings Identify Universal Mechanism for Activating Anti-Aging Pathway

Mar. 7, 2013 — A new study demonstrates what researchers consider conclusive evidence that the red wine compound resveratrol directly activates a protein that promotes health and longevity in animal models.

Pharmaceutical compounds similar to resveratrol may potentially treat and prevent diseases related to aging in people, the authors contend.

Another study:

Their rationale for testing resveratrol was evidence obtained three years ago that it could activate a genetic mechanism known to protect mice against the degenerative diseases of aging and to prolong their lifespan by 30 percent.

My understanding is that you don’t know how it will effect you until it does, so good luck and try to stay confident.

Best wishes

Sorry to hear. My brother has it and i have some hearing trouble aswell. Makes him very fatigue… Did not hear you speak about the dizziness, which can be quite dramatic. Hope you dont suffer much from that.
Goodluck to you.

I’m so sorry to hear.
Your post made me think about my own hearing - how I normally listen to everything loud, going to clubs and loud parties… now I’m a little ashamed :(
Hopefully you can recover somehow.

The dizziness isn’t that bad, at least has not been so far. I’ve only had a couple of ‘big ones’, and they passed by just lying down and being very (very) still… It completely drains me, though, when one of those hits. I have a prescription for betaserc, in case the vertigo symptoms worsen. I’ve not been taking it for now, because it was told to me it won’t help with hearing.

My brother suffered much from the dizziness, but nowadays i don’t hear him about it anymore. Fortunately it usualy fades with years passing. He still enjoys music :) It’s usually one ear more effected than the other. Mixing however will be tough, but he’s not into making music or mixing bands… he also doesn’t complain about loud noises and sound sensitivity anymore…
Funny he has the same character as you have ;) although he tries to compensate for it in a way most (including me) don’t appreciate :( I’m sure you don’t! ;)

Isn’t that Ironic? maybe ‘sorry to read’ :)/> Not mocking you guys, I just picked up this strange language fact.

I saw this after your post and have bought the DVD now, although cheesy at some times, It really moved me.
I love music so much, It’s my worst nightmare to loose my hearing.

The reason I was asking about he MRI was because I also had some similar issues and once I got that done - all the answers were there. I believe what you had was a CT-scan but that can be useful. I highly recommend that you ask for a copy of that scan and look at yourself. They will give you a CD with the scan and software to view it (for free usually). I have a condition called Chiari Malformation and it was causing cerebral-spinal fluid to be blocked from leaving my skull… so lots of pressure in my head. One of the very noticeable things was the ringing in my ears. It also would make it difficult to hear sometimes. The other symptoms were extreme fatigue, severe depression, and lots of nervous system disorder, muscle spasms all over, … the list goes on.
Anyways, I took my scan home the day I had it, and it was super obvious that what I was looking for was there. The scan results are usually just a paragraph that sums up what they saw and your doctor will just relay that information to you. If all you were looking for was one thing and they didn’t see it on the scan, they probably weren’t looking for very much else. So I hope you’ll look into this, especially if your symptoms start getting worse. Here is a picture my scan on the right compared to a normal scan on the left.

I asked a blind guy if he was bothered when people say “I see” to mean “I understand,” he said no and understood it as a figure of speech.

I asked my wife who’s a nurse if it was a CT, and she was positive it was a MRI. She said they probably won’t give the images, though, unless they’re needed for further inspections or second opinions or such… I think I’ll try to ask them anyway. If only for the fact that I CAN SEE INSIDE MY SKULLZ! As for the ‘hearing’ in figures of speech, yeah, I never noticed this. But it’s an interesting phrase as such - true.

Following this thread since you started it, I still don’t really know what to say. Keep going man.

Interestingly, I listened to a podcast with good old Torley and it mentions how her deals with his hyperacusis which effects his hearing. Very interesting chat.

http://www.charliemccarron.com/2013/05/torley-on-creativity-aspergers-and-music-production/