Solo Track From Pattern

Is there a way to solo a track from the pattern command?

I’m aware of the track volume 0Lxx and that’s good for groups/sends but is there a way to emulate muting all other tracks from a pattern command.

Goal is to create better bridges/breaks without having to use 0Lxx on every track I don’t want heard ATM

1 Like

I don’t use samples so I usually also don’t use pattern effect commands, but I’m pretty sure there is no way to solo a track from a pattern effect command. And there is also no such command listed here.

1 Like

+1 to upgrade this from “pretty sure” to “absolutely sure”. From my experience of not never seeing a way to automate solo in several other DAWs I’ve tried, I think it is fair to say that this is not a common.

1 Like

Well, you can use MIDI learn to map ‘solo track’ to a button on a controller.
One could also use the M0 pattern command to trigger the CC associated with the solo track button.

I’ve used the controller to solo tracks, but haven’t tested using the M0 command to trigger the CC yet,
as it doesn’t seem to be that convienient.

So, seems possible but not very useful using the current pattern commands and processes.

IMO perhaps a new feature of the ‘Lxx’ command would be to allow for LFF to solo this track,
and LF0 to un-solo all; or something like that.

2 Likes

Definitely gonna try this. Good thinking man.

I’ll probably use the M0 command because all my midi gear is collecting dust :grimacing:

I’m becoming a keyboard warrior lol I got the 2 piano roll tools and haven’t used them in ages

1 Like

There’s moderately complex way to do this with send tracks and the hydra device.

All the tracks you want to group-mute need a Send device, with Mute Source enabled.

That send track needs a gainer, set to disabled by default, and gain set to -inf so that it is a muting toggle.

The track that will control this muting needs a hydra device. Out 1 is that muting Send. Have it target the gainer. Min is set to Off, max is set to On.

Then you can use right-click recording of the automation to set the value of this hydra input on the controlling track. Once you know the device number of course you can enter it by hand with the appropriate values (00 or FF)

The upside to this is that you can do the same to selectively mute different groups of tracks if you use more Send tracks.

Also, you may not want pure solo for the breaks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.