[solved] Autoseek not always working

I’ve noticed the autoseek function in the sample settings is not always functional for me. Sometimes it’s simply greyed out, and I don’t know what is causing it.

I’m currently having trouble with a vocal recording I got from a friend earlier. The file is about 5 minutes long, and is stored in a 44kHz 16 bit PCM file. Autoseek did not work. I thought it had to do with the length, but even when I shortened the recording, I still couldn’t use autoseek. I’ve also converted it to several other formats like Flac, but that didn’t help either.

Are there are restrictions to using this autoseek? As in, is there a sample length limit of some sorts? Something else? I’m puzzled…

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
For the record, I do not have any pitch/volume/other automations running. It’s just the vanilla sample.

I ought to use the search funtion more thorough next time. The problem was caused by trying to use the Autoseek function in a very old Renoise file.

Perhaps a nice idea to upgrade old files automaticly?

And possibly irretrievably break how the original sounded? Bad idea! Hence why there is an Update Song button in Song Settings and it’s recommended to use a new name.

Maybe there could be an option to ask everytime you load a song from a previous version…