[solved] Linux - Ubuntu 14.04 - Renoise doesn't see my plugins

To make a long story short, I had a horrible experience with KXStudio and Jack, and I decided to uninstall both of them, but ever since I did that, Renoise no longer sees my plugins. The$VST_PATH is correct, and the plugins are still visible in other DAWs. What’s going on?

Update: It seems that Renoise detects the plugins when I open it as root.

You shouldn’t open renoise as root.

Where are your plugins installed exactly? And what do you get when you echo the path?

When you say you uninstalled kxstudio, what did you uninstall?

You shouldn’t open renoise as root.

Where are your plugins installed exactly? And what do you get when you echo the path?

When you say you uninstalled kxstudio, what did you uninstall?

The plugins are located in home/user/.vst, which is also what I get when I do echo $VST_PATH.

As for KXStudio, I ppa-purged all of its repositories. The only things I had installed werethe kxstudio-default-settings package and Cadance.

Where/hoe have you defined $VST_PATH? Are you sure it’s defined for your user (and non just root) too?

Does launching Renoise in the terminal via “$VST_PATH=/home/user/.vst Renoise” work then?
Are VSTs enabled in Renoises preferences?

Where/hoe have you defined $VST_PATH? Are you sure it’s defined for your user (and non just root) too?

Does launching Renoise in the terminal via “$VST_PATH=/home/user/.vst Renoise” work then?
Are VSTs enabled in Renoises preferences?

Thank you for trying to help, but I’ve found the solution.

Cadance left behind configs that created various issues, including conflicting with VST_PATH. In the command line, I needed to do “sudo apt-get purge cadance” and “rm -r ~/.pulse/”, and that fixed it. Renoise sees my plugins again.