Solved -- Opera (Some Sights Malfunction)

In fact I can see the file in his screenshot. 10 seconds with Google brought up the answer!

operaprefs.ini is an initialization file for Opera, essentially a settings file that specifies most of the user preferences. When you alter your preferences within the Opera user interface, this file is automatically modified and saved.

Well, I google’d, “Opera Config,” but whatever… That’s definitely the file that needed a delete…

Cheers… All done, thank you everybody :slight_smile:

I was a firefox guy for last 6 or 7 years… I was quite confident I will stay with this browser “forever” since it’s well written and open source etc. But I got really frustrated with it’s performance regarding flash and youtube so I tried chrome. I don’t like their corporate style, pretending to be a friend of mine or whatever (“I see you like special characters in email address! We do not allow double dot in logins…” etc) and incorporated “chrome store” I like it cause it is really robust. Also the adblock for chrome is waaaay better than firefox version, I can easily block not only comments on yt but also suggested/promoted videos (hate that crap), suggested profiles on facebook (why on earth would I be interested in some store I’ve never been in or other crap) etc. So, all in all, I suggest you give chrome another try as it is solid.

Does it block video adverts from 4OD and Youtube (at least I’ve been told by others Youtube now has ads…)??

Adblock and Ghostery on Chrome does me fine for now.

Yes, it does.

Cool, thought so (pretty sure I installed AdBlock Plus on a mate’s computer who uses Chrome and that’s when I learn about Youtube ads.) It does for FF as well, which I still happily use.

Yes, FF’s adblock blocks video adds too. The difference is, in FF you have to add a filter manualy, while in Chrome there is a pop-up with slider which allows you to adjust which object you want to filter out, a WYSIWYG kind of thing. It’s cool ;)

I’ve found with the filterset and ticking Block Unintrusive Ads (or whatever it is termed, recent addition I thought to all versions) has blocked everything I’ve wanted to, including all the video ads. There is also an Element Hiding Helper, which I don’t use, but think might be similar to what you’re talking about.