[Solved] Problems With Vst On Windows

Hello all!

As this is my first post, I’d like to introduce myself! My name is Mikey, I’m a Capricorn, and I like long walks on the beach.

Now to the problem I’m having:

I’ve been playing around with the latest Renoise demo for a little while now, learning the basics, and generally getting used to the program. All was going well until I started trying to use some of the free VSTs I had downloaded (Superwave P8, TranceDrive, masTURBOtar, Synth1). All of the VSTs I use emit a constant, loud, white noise/ static sound along with the sound of the VST itself. This happens when using My M-Audio Ozone, as well as the keyboard on my laptop. Sometimes the sound is quieter when I press very lightly on the keys, however it is always present.

Have any of you experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix it? Should I light my PC on fire?

Thank you in advance for the help!

-Mikey

Hey Mikey,

my first guess would be: you’re overloading your box… :blink: How’s your CPU load?
Check your Audio settings, maybe you’ve set a high sample rate (96kHz?) or low buffer settings.
Or did you load a sample maybe? Renoise plays it alongside the VSTI sound if you load them in the same instrument slot. My final guess: you’re output is set too high and it’s simply distorting. Or a bad cable to your speakers/headphones…?
I have used all the mentioned VSTs myself and never had problems… :huh:

You’re a B.A.M.F. I played around with the latency for a bit and found the butter zone. Now it works like a charm.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!