[Solved] Record & Play Filter

Why is my pitchbend and modwheel on my novation sl mkII not working when I’ve got “Pitchbend & Controllers” deselected, when you’re still able to adjust midi-mapped controllers? <_<

Thanks.

:(

These controllers are disabled for recording in the effect column but this trigger does not has an effect on MIDI mappings.
If you want to disable these temporary, you could also learn these specific controls on a different MIDI channel (e.g. channel 2) and swap to that channel if you need them.

Or I don’t understand you, or you don’t understand me.

I still want to be able to control the parameters of the ones I’ve midi-mapped and also want to be able to still use the modwheel and pitchbend… (And ofcourse don’t record…)
Which is not the case at the moment; I can control parameters (of ones I’ve mapped) but I’m not able to use the modwheel & pitchbend…

:wacko:

Being able to control the recording toggle midi mapped parameters is a result of this discussion:

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/MIDI_Mapping

Record MIDI mapped parameters to automation: When enabled, any parameter changes you make with the MIDI controller will be recorded into either the Pattern Editor or Automation Editor. This only applies when Edit Mode is enabled.

The pitchbend may fall outside of this scope (because it doesn’t send CC messages), but the modwheel should be controllable the way you desire without having to deselect the checkbox in the MIDI preferences…

Owyeah, thanks… ^_^