[solved] Synth1 causes Renoise Plugin Server to crash

Description:

Opening an existing xrns with a Synth1 vsti causes the Renoise Plugin Server to crash. However, the program still opens afterwards and the song seems to play normally.

Steps to reproduce look like this:

1. Launch Renoise
  2. Open a song that has Synth1 as instrument.

Expected results:

No warnings. Songs open normally.

Actual results:

Windows warning saying: Renoise Plugin Server has stopped working

Extras:
Note: opening a song that has several Synth1 instruments triggers multiple Windows alert messages(The number of Synth1 instances).

My system is:

Windows 7 SP1 64 bits
Renoise 3.0.0 64 bits
Synth1 Ver 1.12

I would also add that the plugin was working on the same system with Renoise 2.8.2

Screenshot provided

Well, I’ve realized just now that it happens also with other 32 bits vsti’s.

Works fine here with Synth1 1.12 2010.5 on Win8.1 64bit.

Does loading up bridged plugins crash in general for you - not only in songs?
If this only happens in a specific song, could you please post the song here?

Please also post the Renoise PluginServer’s log. You’ll find it at “%APPDATA%\Renoise Plugin Server\V3.0.0\Log.txt”.

Ok, so I tested again.
For some reason, the AudioPluginServer64.exe was stuck in the process list, maybe that was causing the problem.
I ended the process manually, uninstalled and re-installed Renoise. So far, everything seems to work. Maybe something went wrong during the first installation. Sorry for that, here is the log file anyway. I’ll post on the forum if I see something like that when installing for the first time on my other computer.

Thanks for reporting back.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYY I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A SONG FOR LIKE 2 HOURS WITHOUT PRESSING CTRL+S, and this **** renoise server plugin CRASHED my renoise and I LOST ALL I MADE!
I WANT TO KILL MYSELF HELP ME PLEASE SAY IT’S A NIGHTMARE

I’m sorry for your loss, but…

BEEN WORKING ON A SONG FOR LIKE 2 HOURS WITHOUT PRESSING CTRL+S

Enable autosave every 10 mins.

ok guys haha, it came as a lesson for me. Im feeling ok now, hell yeah I’m still alive