[Solved] Tracking In 7/4 In Renoise 2.0

Kaz, I’m talking about IT-aliens example. You are reviewing mine.

So I have no other option but to agree with you. It is indeed 7/4.

Thank you. Show is over.

Can anyone here give me an example of 4/4?

Thanks!

Sorry I’m an idiot. Apologies, for some reason I thought that was IT’s and didn’t double check. Makes sense now.

I’ll download IT’s and have a look at that though ;)

6/4 with strong groove caused by using 7 lines per beat? Or 6/4 with septuplets is probably more technically correct.

note to self: never answer to a beat related question anymore :rolleyes:

edit: ooops, late to the party.

indeed, it doesn’t. must always be an even denominator.

perhaps is 6:7 what’s indicated here. haven’t dled the file so i don’t know if it makes sense though.

This is the best example posted in this thread the thread starter should look at, if not already confused away :)

I really don’t understand what’s all the fuzz about …some people here are mistaking lpb with bpm or bpb
Lpb means lines per beat ( not lines per bar ) …in renoise ( formerly known as speed ) but makes things easier for odd time signatures , but the the lpb doesn’t have to match the time signature you are working in , it can be completely different .
Now beats per bar or beats per measure ( same thing ) defines how many beats there are in one musical measure or bar ( mostly a renoise pattern when you are working with short patterns ) .
The example I posted above ( pink floyd money ) is a musical measure of 7/4 …which means that you can clap your feet /hands/nuts seven times before the next measure begins .
So I can set renoise lpb ( lines per beat ) to 8 and make the pattern 56 lines long or set lpb to 4 and make the pattern 28 lines long ( which gives me less resolution )
…Now I have a pattern which is divided by 7 beats and each beat is 8 lines long …I agree when working in this manner you’ll probably have to use the delay collumn …I can achieve exactly the same by setting the lpb to 3 and makes the pattern 21 lines long …each beat is then 3 lines long , now when I want to add triplets or anything else for that manner I’ll have to use the delay collumn because of the limited resolution of lpb 3 ( isn’t that we are al waiting for pattern zoom …to zoom in between the lines when using a low resolution .)

Only just checked this one and great example for now LPB doesn’t affect tempo but rather the spacing of your notes and size of the pattern. Nice it brings in delay and extra column at low LPB. Think a lot of people like a beat when trying to get their head around 7/4 though.

LPM=3 actually triplets will be all you can do without delay column. You half and quarter for snare rushes and the like will need delay. Small point and I’m sure you actually understand that but don’t want people to get confused and think “Why can’t I do triplets LPB=3?” Why people say to use 6 or 12 to give you triplets and easy access to halfs and quarters.

Not that I’m actually any good at programming out of the normal 4/4 much…

Your right about that , I’ve made a mistake about the triplets …
But you mean lpb istead of lpm ( this will confuse people even more cause lpm doesn’t exist :rolleyes:) lines per measure ( if it would exist would mean all the lines in your pattern …cause a beat is made out of lines and a measure is made out of beats …

NOw go beat that borderline patient for good measure :yeah:

and highlight every 10th in song settings :rolleyes:(
Just tried your example (botb ) and made me think , you approach its the same way ( lpb to 8) , only difference is the way you do it , your pattern length = 70 which means 1 beat =10 lines ( when highlighted in song settings )
My method ( for what it’s worth , also lpb to 8 ) pattern length = 56 …which means 1 beat = 8 lines , so basicaly less resolution in a beat .
Damn you’re confusing me !

he’s using the hex numbering in the patterns, not decimal. 70 in hex = 112 in decimal (which is 2x 56)

probably the topic opener has already quit Renoise and is using Magix Music Maker :rolleyes:

lol indeed

I know its kind of late but thanks guys you’ve helped alot.

Bit late but…
Some other examples