[solved] Turnado VST does not show up in Renoise

hi there, i have many vst plug ins that i use…but i downlaoded this turnado plug in…it doesnt show up in my bottom left corner even though i rescanned…im pretty sure its compatable…any ideas

Are you sure it installed to the same folder as your other VSTs?

Does it erroneously show up in the instrument list? If so try and load it there, which should hopefully throw an error that it’s really a effect and it will be reclassified as one.

You really should provide more information in bug reports than that!!

He probably means Sugar Bytes turnado:
http://www.sugar-byt…oducts/Turnado/

Still we need info like:32 bit or 64 bit?
Windows or Mac?

Yeah I made the same assumption. Shouldn’t have to assume anything though.

Would make a good start. Renoise version. Turnado version. Demo or full. Installed path. Plenty of information that could always end up useful.

well I had 1.0 on Vista and Win7 and now 1.5 on Win7 (all 64) without problems. So I figure it is compatible.
Try to see if you installed it in the right folder…or any other suggestions above ^^

hi there, im sorry im new to renoise- i do have windows 7…and its 32 bit… it is the demo version of sugar-byt turnado 1.5…im sure its in my usual vst folder…and it didnt pop up in instrument section…usually when i download a plug in…its quite simple…say like ‘live cut’… i unzip it…put it in the vst folder-rescan and there it is in the bottom left corner…this was a plug that had to run the program -it was a totally differant process…and its left bit a bit lost…i hope that helps

i just read the manuel for the turnado host integration i did not see renoise on there:(

Renoise will almost never be mentioned because it’s not a very common used DAW.
Try uninstalling and re-installing turnado and carefully look where the installer puts the 32bit version of turnado.

I have tried the Turnado demo myself and I can tell you that it works perfectly fine for me in Renoise 2.8.1 on Windows 7.

If you have used the installer, then the default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\

Double check that the plugin is actually installed where you think it is. Simply search your system for: Turnado.dll and add the location to your Renoise preferences in the Plug/Misc section (if it’s not already set).

Also keep in mind that it’s an effect – not an instrument – so it should appear in your Renoise Track DSPs list.

3970 turnado.png

works well here too

[quote=“dblue, post:9, topic:38672”]
I have tried the Turnado demo myself and I can tell you that it works perfectly fine for me in Renoise 2.8.1 on Windows 7.

If you have used the installer, then the default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\

Double check that the plugin is actually installed where you think it is. Simply search your system for: Turnado.dll and add the location to your Renoise preferences in the Plug/Misc section (if it’s not already set).

Also keep in mind that it’s an effect – not an instrument – so it should appear in your Renoise Track DSPs list.

3970 turnado.png

i will try this out soon.and let u know…thanx for helping

none of this seems to be working im going to try and download 2.8 and see if that solves it

[quote=“dblue, post:9, topic:38672”]

3970 turnado.png

hi there, i think i have solved my problem but still need some help…the turnado isnt a dll file…when i click on it its like a litte disk/cd looking thing…i guess it either needs to be converted or i may have downloaded the wrong thing?

Does it look like this?

That’s the installer program, so that definitely won’t work if you just put it into your VST plugins folder.

You need to run the installer program, choose whether to install the 32-bit or 64-bit VST plugin (or both), and then pay close attention when it asks where you want to install the plugin(s).

You can leave it on the default location, or change it to your preferred VST plugins folder. Either way, you simply need to make a note of the location, and then use the same one in Renoise.

yes it looks exactly like that…i downloaded 2.8 and it seem to solve the problem…i went thru all the steps in 2.7 and it didnt work but it did in 2.8 so thats alot it a cool plug and i dont feel like an idiot now:)