Some Massive VST3 Automation Parameters Disappear (Easy To Replicate)

The VST3 version of Massive is not being read properly after Renoise loads a previous saved file.

1. Add Massive (vst3) as an instrument

2. create a macro (any will do) and name it something.

3. Add an *Instr. Automation too the channel in Tracker view (notice macros are available as automatable parameters).
    “Macro A1” (along with all other default macros) are there.
    ScreenShot449

4. Save your Renoise song and then re-load it. Notice the Macro parameters are not longer available.
    ScreenShot452

If I do this with VST2 there is no issue. I wasn’t sure if this was a Renoise or Native Instrument issue, but Ive been told it could be either. Worth bringing up anyway just in case.
ScreenShot451

I have also posted on the Native Instrument forum about it.

1 Like

I’ve just tested it on Windows 10, and I don’t have this issue. Loads fine for me.

What OS are you using?

Windows 10
Renoise 3.4.3
Massive 1.6.0+33

I can reproduce it quite easily.
AUTOMATION TEST 1.xrns (11.8 KB)

For testing, I am not simply re-loading the file, im closing and restarting Renoise, then loading the saved file.
Not sure if that has to do with it too. But either way, I can only get the full list of Massive VST3 parameters initially. After save, restart and reload, its like everything but Macros. Again, its not an issue for VST2 version.

1 Like

Again, that works for me. Opening your file does, too. Though there is no automation curve in your file. So I added on, saved it, closed Renoise. Opened it again and it’s all there. So it’s working normally on my end.

Very strange. I wonder what the difference might be. Its a bit frustrating. And you’re absolutely sure its the vst3 version of latest update (1.6.0.+33) you’re using? (Can you screenshot…for science purposes?) For me it has the problem every time so far, unless i use VST2

Renoise v3.4.3, yes.
VST3, yes.

But I didn’t check the version, turns out I’m on v1.5.12+31.

As I’m sure you’ll understand, I’m not too keen on updating right now in case it breaks stuff. NI doesn’t offer access to previous builds, do they? As in, I don’t see that feature anywhere.

ok thank you. This is actually good info. Maybe it is purely a NI issue then. I’ll drop an update on their forum too. Thank you so much for checking! Much appreciated.

1 Like

Happy to help. Please do post how you resolved this issue, assuming you do. So if anyone else runs into it they know what to try.

Though my guess is something got borked in NI’s update. And that there is nothing else to do but make them aware of it and wait until they fix it. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Seems to be a Renoise problem. I also noticed problems with several VST3 plugins, where presets (directly loaded within the plugins) are not loading properly. In other DAWs they load fine from beginning on (also loading fine as VST2). I have to try to load them again multiple times, until the presets were loaded properly.