Some news about the upcoming Renoise release

On the road to renoise 3.0 …or something?

great to hear it. i was really surprised and pumped upon receiving the last update…loving 2.8. brilliant ideas, perfect integration, solid performance! sampling, sequencing, and leveling are the essence of life. exploring sound ideas are easy and enjoyable with renoise. thank you all so much for creating this great music program, and putting it within my means. there are endless possibilities, i will do what i can to support it’s development, refinement, and longevity.

I don’t see what the big deal is. It just shows people are excited about it, which in my opinion is a good thing.

I think you are quite funny.

And for the record, my suggestion was written in all seriousness, not as a joke.

Honestly, I can’t believe how anxious some people are. I’ve never purchased a better developed piece of software for the price in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6WMewan3Q

I stopped pirating music software because of Renoise and I STILL feel guilty because of how cheap it is. Never gave a fuck about Steinberg’s feelings though.

Really devs, if you add some kind of internal synth or more flexible effect routing then please just charge me at least double and expire my current license at 3.0

You can always buy extra licences and extend what it lasts you for, take it beyond a reasonable life expectancy if you want ;)

Or buy licences for your friends who might be interested.

Or run a competition and give a licence away to somebody likely to make use of it.

Hm… another soft synth? There are tons of good soft synths available, even for free (Tyrell, all the TAL stuff, Synth1, Alchemy player, Kore player …) Imho focus on the DAW! Did I mentioned you developers do an awesome job? :)

Not on Linux there’s not. :(

Auttumn 2013 really ?

It’s for that reason exactly that I think people are anxious. It’s the same feeling you get when you know a band you really love is about to drop a new record. You really love what you have but you can’t wait to see what’s coming.

+1 for renoise native synths, for linux users and for controlling all synth parameters nicely by pattern commands.

I know there are many free VSTi and that there is a way to control VSTi by pattern commands.
But it still could be better if renoise had its own synths.
renoise users already created native renoise synth with ring modulator and DC offset…
It would be cool to have some simple synths built in instead of using this kind of method.

there are plenty of VST effects too but renoise has native effects and they are useful/better than needing to use vst,
native synths could only be useful and awesome. They could be simple and still very useful.
Even just one or two basic ones (normal 2osc synth + FM synth).

renoise is already great though. no release for a long time.
Wonder what new the features will be…mysterious

Oh wow, imagine synthesis and time stretching that you could control using some well thought out pattern commands. That would be amazing.

^^ Interesting :dribble:

It has probably been mentioned a million times but all I really want for the new renoise is multi monitor support!

I just want to be able to chuck the mixer onto my other monitor, it’s not even that big of a deal but I always used to do it in all the other DAWs I have used.

+1 I would get a dual monitor setup just for this.

I know it’s just speculation, but an educated guess would be that multi monitor support is actually coming in 3.0. It seems plausible, after all the years of demands for it. This could also be the reason for rewriting large parts of the codebase so that the GUI becomes more manageble.

Perhaps we are testing on 7" screens rather than testing on higher screen estates.
And no, ofcourse not mobile devices, but old CGA cashdesk monitors :P

I think they should drop the GUI in favour of an ncurses command line interface optimised for a 80 x 25 character terminal screen :P