Some Sounds I´ve Made

Hi all !

For some time now i´ve developed a passion of making sounds since I think it´s more fun to make my own sounds rather then to use presets :walkman: I mainly use 3 synths/vst: 3xosc (fl studio), Synth1 and KarmaFX Synth to do this. I have made some sounds that I wanted to share but these became WAAAAAAYYY TOOO HUGE to be able to upload so I had to do some research on how to make my XRNI´S smaller. Anyway, here is two sounds and an example I´ve made… Simpe but powerful sounds (in my opinion) mainly targeted for those who´s into Trance genres… Enough babbling…

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7766999/Distlead%2BTranceBass%2BExample.zip DELETED* LINK TO NEW VERION BELOW.

Hope you enjoy!

Ps, did not know where to post this, so I posted it here in the Song Forum.

NEW LINK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7766999/Distlead%20No1.Ver.2.0.zip ALSO DELETED Will put up a new one when a final version is done.

Thanks, i liked the distorted lead, but DistleadNo1_D#5 is tuned incorrectly.

Hi! :)

Your instruments are still ‘a bit’ huge. I’ve done some edits, so you might get an idea, what and where to improve. I hope, you don’t mind. :)

Here’s the [download](http://www.bitarts.de/renoise/RollingThunderDj_Lead And Bass Example_BA-EDIT.xrns). I think it sounds pretty much the same. But it only needs 143kb now. ;) And still contains samples, it won’t even need.

Edit: And before I forget… I really like the sounds! :)

Cheers
BA

Thanks for the sounds RollingThunder and Thanks Bit Arts for tidying it up! :walkman:

Hi Guys !

TheBellows

Thanks TheBellows, yes I noticed That the D#5 note is a little bit detuned, i´m gonna take a deeper look and see what I can do ;)

Bit_Arts

BA ! I got three words for you… YOU ARE AWSOME !! 142 KB is amazing, the very first sounds i made was over 170 MB´s large, i sampled my sounds aprox 17 sec per samples and a total of 72 tones !!

Even though I managed to make a pretty good XRNI with just 5 samples I got pretty annoyed over the loop points, no matter what I did I could not get the sound to loop the right way !

But thanks to your edit, it now sounds exactly as it should !! All I can say is THANK YOU for making these sounds better and for giving me these tips. It´s going to help me alot in the future !

Tarek-FM

You´re Welcome Tarek ^_^

PEACE OUT !

It’s an easy fix, just move the basenote to d#6 instead of C9 in the sample keyzone. :)
The other samples are also assigned to the wrong octave, i don’t know if that was your intention?

You´re right, that was not my intention, a total miss from my side. Fixed it now in my new version though, thanks for the heads up and check it out <_<

Take care !

You got pretty fast, what it’s about. Very cool. :) But there’s still something fishy with the lead. You’ve used all the right samples, but you assign them to totally different key-ranges then. When you sample C-3, it doesn’t make make much sense to assign it to the key-range C-1 - C-2 (just as an example). When you do multi-sampling, the reason is actually to make the instrument sound most authentic in the related ranges you multi-sampled for. So better keep multi-samples on their origin place in the key-range. :)

Another tip would be, usually for mixing you use mono waveforms, because these are way easier to control and adjust. Nevertheless of course you’ll often have instruments that get their life and phattness from their stereo sound. Still, at some point you’ll have to make them fit into your mix. With a real synthesizer it’s not a problem then, to adjust the sounds to your needs. That’s of course harder to achieve, when using pre-sampled instrument, that haven’t been edited. To make things easier with these when it comes to mixing, it’s a good idea to split the waveform to their stereo parts, instead of keeping the plain stereo sample. Just create a mono sample of both stereo sides and layer them afterwards, panned to their original stereo positions. This gives you the chance to control them in detail afterwards, when necessary. You could detune them to each other, to make them sound even phatter, phase reverse a single side, adjust the stereo spread, stereo balance and so on. You get the idea. :) That’s of course more work to do in the first step, but will pay off for sure later on.

And as a last tip, when you have a sample that’s supposed to cover a whole key-range instead of a single key, it’s always a good idea to place this sample at it’s origin key right in the middle of its key-range. That means, if you got a set of multi-samples and now define the range for your C-4 sample (as an example), then don’t set the lowest key to C-4 and the highest to C-5. When you place it in the middle of your range, this is a good way to make sure it doesn’t change its origin sound and timbre too much over its key-range. For the C-4 example this would mean, you set its range from F#3 to F-4. And of course the same way for all other samples ofyour set.

So, here’s the instrument how I’d have done it. The 5th octave sample was still off btw, so I recut it. The C-2 sounds a bit strange compared to the others, maybe because of a different loopstart. The placement in the middle of the key-range varies a bit, because the samples don’t have all the same root key. Anyway, everything is placed in its related key-range now, properly tuned and split to stereo-panned mono-layers.

Download

Hi again ! NOW I GET IT :D Here´s what I did wrong;
My intention has always been to asign the notes to their right keys, I placed the c2-note to f2 (one octave) and c3 to cf and so on… And then i used the distribute botton, what happend then was that the c2-note was placed from c0 to b1… The thing is, as you said BA I did´nt “tell” Renoise to assign the notes to their accurate keys, so when i placed the notes on what orginally was in their right place and then pressed rhe distribute botton Renoise placed the tones in a strange way. Cause I did not tell renoise what was C2 - C3 and so on… I hope you can understand my poor english. However I don´t use the distribute botton anymore, now I do it all by myself the manual way… Took some time to figure out, but now I got it ! Thanks for your help and patiance. Respect/Rolling Thunder