Some Tools are not Loading in Either 3.1 or 3.1.1 on ONE of my computers

Attempting to drag and drop install Grid Pie(and this also appears upon launching Renoise):

‘C:\Users\kibbles\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.GridPie.xrnx’ failed to load.

Please remove this tool or contact the author (Dac Chartrand [dac@renoise.com]) for assistance…

main.lua:1: module ‘toolbox’ not found:
no field package.preload[‘toolbox’]
no file ‘C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\examples\lua\toolbox.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\kibbles\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.1\Scripts\Libraries\toolbox.lua’
no file ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.1\Resources\Scripts\Libraries\toolbox.lua’
no file ‘C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin\toolbox.dll’
no file ‘C:\Users\kibbles\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.1\Scripts\Libraries\toolbox.dll’
no file ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.1\Resources\Scripts\Libraries\toolbox.dll’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘require’
main.lua:1: in main chunk

Phrasetouch(same process):

‘C:\Users\kibbles\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.1\Scripts\Tools\com.ulneiz.PhraseTouch.xrnx’ failed to load.

Please remove this tool or contact the author (ulneiz) for assistance…

main.lua:486: module ‘lua/midi_in/midi_in_main’ not found:
no field package.preload[‘lua/midi_in/midi_in_main’]
no file ‘C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\examples\lua\lua/midi_in/midi_in_main.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\kibbles\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.1\Scripts\Libraries\lua/midi_in/midi_in_main.lua’
no file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Renoise 3.1.1\Resources\Scripts\Libraries\lua/midi_in/midi_in_main.lua’
no file ‘C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\bin\lua/midi_in/midi_in_main.dll’
no file ‘C:\Users\kibbles\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.1\Scripts\Libraries\lua/midi_in/midi_in_main.dll’
no file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Renoise 3.1.1\Resources\Scripts\Libraries\lua/midi_in/midi_in_main.dll’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘require’
main.lua:486: in main chunk

Why is Renoise searching in my Csound6_6x64 folder?

It is not set as any search path(to my knowledge).

Awesome Sawce And Find and Replace both load fine.

I can reproduce the same error in 64 bit 3.1.1 and 3.1 as well as 32 bit 3.1.1

I am on windows 8.1

The tools in question load fine on another computer running windows 10 on 3.1 64 bit

Thx in advance for any light shed.

I have no real idea, but could it be related to a Csound installation somehow disturbs or adds pathses to the lua interpreter in Renoise? I guess not…

Thanks for your response.

It is possible, however, I have the same Csound folder(for a dependency of another project) in the same location on the other computer.

HOWEVER, I need to check if it is actually installed…

This is indeed quite perplexing.

Maybe I should uninstall Csound just to see what happens.

Search the archives. This problem has come up a few times (including for me) thanks to path issues.

Thanks so much! I just came across it!

It does indeed have to do with Csound.

1 Like

Update: deleting the CSOUND LUA PATHS indeed is the solution.

Tools load fine and CSOUND runs without a hitch so far.