Someone familiar with downloading music from the internet and editing

hello dear people, I often edit music in renoise, also old songs from the 70, 80 or 90, I have a 5.1 speaker set and also make it dolby surround with effects, I try to download the music from the internet, but it is getting harder and harder, I can does anyone have a way to download free music for example from youtube and then cover it to mp3 and then back to wave so that it is readable in renoise, hopefully someone knows something

A 1 minute search gave me this: The best free YouTube downloader tools in 2022 | TechRadar
If you don’t already have an audio editor, then do a search for a free audio editor like Audacity, install it, and then you can use it to import mp3 and export to wav.

can you give me the right link to download TechRadar

I downloaded a link yesterday with a lot of pop ups and my whole google was upset and every 10 minutes got an error message from MCafee that wasn’t even on my computer so I’m careful

kind regards Marc de Zeeuw

If you just want to sample from youtube (or any other audio playing on your computer), you can do that with Audacity:

Easier than using some sketchy downloader, and you can save it as a WAV file so you’re not introducing more lossy compression.