Sonalksis Sv-315mk2 Compressor. How To Sc?

Evening…

I have just got the Sonalksis SV-315mk2 Comp.

It has a sidechain function, but I cant seem to get it to sidechain like I want it…

I have sent a bass track to a send, put a instance of the SV-315mk2 on it and then sent a kick drum to the same send.

It sidechains ok, but I can still hear the kick drum on the send.

How do I mute the kick drum on the send? I can mute the original kick drum with the send plugin on the actual kick drum track, but that is basically the opposite of what I want! I want to be able to control the kick drum track and mute the copy which is being input into the SV-315mk2 on the send track…

any ideas??

Oh, i have the same issue. So, u r not alone :)

Yeah, in the manual it is really vague and just tells you to refer to the VST hosts manual about routing.

No real help at all.

I have managed to get it to sidechain, but not how I want it to work…

hmm i haven’t actually tried this, but i think this requires either a vst3 compatible host or a send track with 4 channels…

So does that include or exclude Renoise?

The other 2 options available (TC Native bundle Compressor/Deesser, and Sidekick) both act in a sort of meta device kind of way.

The Sonalksis comp. does not have such a satellite device, so will require good old fashioned manual routing…

Roll up roll up…

Hmm, funny Vadarfone, I just got excited about the SC possibilities in sonalksis and typed in my search and who should I find geeking out ahead of me?

8-ace.

Ha. Yeah, it seems Sonalksis has the ability, but not in Renoise. It seems to be incompatible with Cubase, too. I wonder who they were aiming this SC ability at when they designed it…

Ableton Live according to the manufacturer. Probably not worth changing DAW over. Shame, the Sonalksis plugs sound really good otherwise in renoise.