Songs That Inspire Us

Skinny Puppy too dark park was classic.

I was fortunate enough to go to lollapalooza 2 at Bayfront park in Miami in the early/mid 90s.

Ministry performed live and played both stigmata, theives & liars, and other favorites! Had the guitars hooked up to the lighting and it was just the most insane pit I had ever seen.

People being taken away on stretchers left and right. Had to have occupied the entire width of the stage which was massive.

Another Ween fan. I especially enjoy “Don’t shit where you eat” and “Mr. wont you please help my pony!”

Joy Division is amazing. Love will tear us apart is still one of my favorite songs. I guess mine and many others…

King Tubby! I haven’t heard that name mentioned in a very long time. A certain local female MC (I believe going by the name mixette) is related to the late king tubby if I am not mistaken (or maybe it’s someone named Keith?) anyways has some oldschool machine to make dubplates on and claims king tubby invented that technology.

I have no idea whether that information is true or not.

just recently i re-discovered some old amiga demos by “the silents” … like “hardwired”, “global trash” and alike. all from the early 90’s.
these productions’ audio has been made by a guy called “jesper kyd”, which was a top notch amiga tracker musician at that point of time.
i always loved his stuff and he’s been one of the reasons for why i am tracking after all.
so it happened just yesterday, that i accidentally found jesperkyd’s website, with all the references to accomplished projects from the gaming world… and whoa! that guy featured soundtracks for some major titles i’d say… and the quality of these, is really overly impressive, especially the orchestral / cineastic scores (checkout the hitmen stuff), spiced up with elements from the world of electronic dance music got me going.
and there is this one tune called “winter nights”- it really blew me away, so much that i had to order the whole soundtrack of the respective game (hitman contracts, by eidos).
i can only recommend checking out at least this very tune - seldomly heard such stunning spherical sounds… too bad it’s only available as a crippled version of 1min 13sec.

so… if that puppy ain’t inspiring… i dunno. =)

It was so funny seeing Celcius here when I first discovered renoise for the first time.

Years back I used to really study his jungle mods. They were and still are incredible.

I believe they can be had on Aminet still if I am not mistaken.

nice to see there are so many different styles and types of music that inspire all of us… could it be any other way… i guess we all know musicians who only listen to 1 kind of music…('I only listen to trance because that is the only real music… :P ) that, for instance is a remark i heard once of someone i know… somehow i cant take these people seriously when it comes to making music… but hey who am i … when i was 16-17 i was totally into deathmetal… and only that … but fortunately i outgrew this shortsightedness… :)
anyway, my list of inspirinig music… forgive me for not knowing the song titles, but i mostly listen to the whole lp-cd when listening…
in random order…
No means no- wrong
frank zappa… most of his works…
billy cobham - especially ‘spectrum’
Ween - god ween satan
miles davis–…
amon tobin-…
wagon christ-- (probably his style appeals to me the most)
squarepusher- …
herbie hancock-.chameleon:)
sadus- swallowed in black
the orb- (the first 3 albums…)
pink floyd-…
and a lot of the old soul/motown kings and queens
etc.
etc.

:walkman: :walkman: :walkman: :walkman: :walkman: :walkman:

vnsares - masodik galamb
vsnares - ketsarko mozgalom
vsnares - epidermis
photek - ni ten ichi ryu
photek - modus operandi
squarepusher - too many really
abelcain - pantheon of friends
amon tobin - the lighthouse
kowareta hyoushi - mangel an talent
the flashbulb - kirlian selections
the flashbulb - red extensions of me

lots more but these came of the top of my head.

mlon