Sonic charge cyclone as fx

Honestly this has to be one of the best sounding vst plugins ive ever come across.Im so glad i dont have to bake floppies anymore,that was beyond painful.

[quote=“ToybOx]:., post:22, topic:65797, username:ToybOx”]
bake floppies
[/quote]

Dafuq is baking floppies?

Sonic Charge - Floppy Baker

Wait, so is this for making actual floppy disks, which you would then port to hardware and resample in renoise, or??

I’m perhaps even more confused than before :upside_down_face:

No its really simple,it just lets you save your files to a fake virtual floppy that you can then load within cyclone,it represents the floppies that you would have to use with the real hardware sampler.Its a pain in the arse. Couple of short hits will fill a floppy very quickly, very time consuming

1 Like

720kb storage per floppy

1 Like

Ok, got you. Thanks for clarifying. Yes that sounds like a huge pain in the ass!

Glad you got it working
It’s an amazing sampler , I am literally resampling my integra and nord modular through it ., and renoise obviously …
I love it so much that I am thinking of buying the hardware , but then again I already own a yamaha A4000
Tip , make sure you 've got enough empty ( virtual floppies )or you can just save the whole machinestate as *fxp which instantly loads so no need for floppies :slight_smile:
Also , setting it up as a multitimbral machine with separate ouptputs is a real pita , for some reason the voices of poly instruments are spread across the outputs , so in the end I just load several instances …much nicer.

You don’t need the floppies , you save the whole machine state as fxp whcih can be mullitple megabytes

Here’s a zip of what I considered a best of selection of the library ( found on the sonic charge site ), some dateback to 1993
Converted ( using floppy baker ) and saved as fxb for instant loading .
I threw in an 707-808-909 kit from Taldrum
SOme of the instrument are performances , some are just voices where you just select the waves for the group , some experience with Cyclone is required ( iow , go to voice edit )
Have fun …

1 Like

EDIT. Replying to last post. Sorry for the duplicate…

I know this might be a basic question but… how do you load the .fxp files in Cyclone?

I’ve got Cyclone working using the method above of loading track effect CycloneFx > VST FX alias CycloneFX. I’m able to save and load .fxb machine states, but not .fxp. Frustratingly this bars me from using the many excellent bank resources here and elsewhere online.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

P.S. I’ve been enjoying changing the pitch scaling to 1/4 tones and playing with samples accordingly. Portamento sounds nice.

Figured out the bleedingly obvious response: Renoise’s very helpful load preset option in the top left of Plugin Tab.

Feel pretty daft missing that…