Sononym - Sample Browser

the statement that Renoise development has stopped

I wish this meme would end, a couple of toxic forum posters seem to have infected uninformed public opinion.

It looks fun for 50but for a 100I don`t really need it at all.

I wish this meme would end, a couple of toxic forum posters seem to have infected uninformed public opinion.

Sorry I should have said this is not my opinion. I was looking at this posthttps://www.reddit.com/r/Bitwig/comments/8ioqnn/redux_sampler_in_bitwiga_perfect_fit/and made me think lets check in to the Renoise forums to see wassup.

I still use the Redux’s cabinet simulator which feels pretty unique and a bit dirty.

O shit, they found out about the CabSim on reddit. hehe …Best on Drums 4Sho!

@joule: I just found out Imisunderstood you, sorry. Gave you a proper answer.

Np. AFAIK regroover, I think, is using both fft and ML trying to extract “tracks” from a loop. And then there are a few softwares that just tries to detect hits (e g midi) from loops, like superior drummer 3. So I figured it should somehow be possible, but maybe not with reliable quality. Regroovers track extraction is so-so iirc. Usable for tweaking, but maybe not something you’d extract to use solo.

Ok, Which one of you DEVs of Renoise is the culprit for this. Talked to a guy who was at Superbooth and he said one of the Sononym devs developed the “Renoise Sequencer” This is why we havent seen any updates, you guys have been busy making this awesome ass program. CANT WAIT!

Will it released this month like the webpage said or next month? Cant wait, too :slight_smile:

Oh boy, this is very exciting. I’ll buy anything you guys make and this looks very attractive since my sample library is arranged chronologically for the most part and 90% of it remains unused.

Also glad that the mystery project is audio related and not a video editor as some rumors led me to believe.

Will it released this month like the webpage said or next month?

We always aimed for “late May”, since superbooth also marked the start of beta testing.

So just hang in there, we are working hard to reach this goal!

Booommmpp!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Booommmpp!

Funny, I got this call today from a guy who wanted to hear when the release was gonna happen.

Boooompp indeed!!

Since an experimental feature (live-recording) got added just before going to SUPERBOOTH, we decided it was awesome and needed to be properly implemented.

But we’re almost there, now it’s just the practical details like setting up the shop (paperwork), etc. that are keeping us back.

No prob!..u still got >24h to put everything into place! hehe :yeah:

Funny, I got this call today from a guy who wanted to hear when the release was gonna happen.

Boooompp indeed!!

Since an experimental feature (live-recording) got added just before going to SUPERBOOTH, we decided it was awesome and needed to be properly implemented.

But we’re almost there, now it’s just the practical details like setting up the shop (paperwork), etc. that are keeping us back.

I have a suggestion for your new software product. After some research I think the following tools still are missing (the best so far is Renoise itself, but also is quite a bit rudimentary in some regards. There also are ancient other tools, I won’t refer to those):

1. A proper audio recording/ripping tool for recording hardware synths with the following features:
  • Creating looped base waveforms with multiple keys easily.

• Crossfade start/end, auto find loop points

• Export to common SYNTH and SAMPLERS multisample formats, which seem to be: sfz, WAV (with multikey or regions)?, AIFF?, multi WAV file correctly named with keys, I forgot the rest ™

1. A proper tool to create wavetables from recordings or samples. Have a look onto Serum’s wavetable editor maybe (and here)
  • Above tools

• Export to common wavetable formats like waldorf blofeld?, WAV with blocks of equal length waveloops?, or multi WAV files, Serum?, Avenger?, Ableton 10?, Zebra2?

• Blending options for loop

At least I would say there is a place to be filled in the market.

@ffx: it’s not exactly virgin territory. Check out SampleRobot for a start? It’s quite a powerful automatic (or semi-automatic) instrument ripper for hardware…

Also, Extreme Sample Converter (windows only) and AutoSampler (mac) - that got bought up by Apple, btw.

Also, I had a pretty good wavetable editor around at some time. Can’t remember what it was called…

Could even tweak my Zerocrossingstool to not only “create”, but also export wavetables, with a bit of effort :slight_smile:

The main part should be fast and easy searching. Bonus stuff like drag and drop of just a small selection of an loop would be cool or stretching/repitching samples before drag and drop. Extra features which loopcloud or resonic pro have.

The software is arriving in mid-June 2018, and will cost 89 EUR (incl. VAT) for EU and international customers. For customers in the United States the price will be 99 USD (incl. VAT).https://www.sononym.net/blog/pricing-and-availability/

#bioommmmmmmmmmp.

:D_______________ :yeah:

Good news!

Looking forward to grab a license for Sononym in a couple of weeks… Hopefully there will also be some promotion videos that demonstrateit in action…

89 EUR incl. VAT isa no brainer, I was expecting at least 299 EUR.

looks cool, I’d like to see how it interfaces with a daw

For customers in the United States the price will be 99 USD (incl. VAT).https://www.sononym.net/blog/pricing-and-availability/

Seems like a neat product ! But why are non-EU customers required to pay VAT ??