SoundCloud changes

Wtf? Is it good, is it bad, does it even matter?

Mabye they are changing on Tuesday???

2 Likes

Blog link: https://blog.soundcloud.com/2019/12/05/we-heard-you-upload-limits-are-not-changing-on-monday/

The backlash was harsher than they were expecting and so they backpedaled on it.

Reminds me of the changes that Patreon announced in 2017 that they soon reverted due to backlash.

Edit: And if I can put on my PR hat, I’m guessing they put in the wording of “on Monday” because otherwise it could be interpreted as “we’re never changing upload limits” which would undoubtedly be a lie. Who knows, they may try this same thing next year just to see if the temperature has changed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So, did it already recently change, but now a further step won’t be done, or doesn’t it change at all?

The announcement of an upcoming change came 3 days ago. The upcoming change was scheduled for Monday the 9th. That’s now cancelled so things will remain, for now, as they were for the past I-don’t-know-how-long.

1 Like

Good to know they listened but they need to do better with the pro plan they already have.