Spank Rock - Put That Pussy On Me

:w00t:

Spank Rock - Put That Pussy On Me (Josh Console remix) (right click > Save Target As…)

ok… so i made this in renoise and did some edits and sequencing in Adobe Audition also.

It’s a crunchy, glitchy, 2step kind of riddim…

Hope someone enjoys it

Josh

:yeah:

LOL, awesome ! :D
absolutely no complaints except for the bridge-kinda part from 1:30 - 2:00, where i really think that the pad sounds kinda cheap.
but besides that, this just rulez!

Cool :D
I’m pretty pleased with it. Yeah, i chose those pads specifically to sound cheesy and bad. To go with the awful voice and to juxtapose the completely unromantic vocals

Thanks for the comments

been checkin’ some other tunes on your site… and WOW… are they all renoise? mind to release the .rns(‘es)? :D
absolutely luv’ your amerie remix, although this one sounds like it was sampled directly from vinyl? or is it just FX?
or is it that you’re insane enough to take the renoise -> vinyl -> mp3 detour? ;)

keep up the marvellous work, best (free) 2step/house/garage stuff i’ve heard for a while.

well… all the “remixes” on my site are Renoise productions… I don’t use the program very well though. I tend to do alot of edits and make noises in Adobe Audition (which i used for years… old habits are hard to kick :lol:) and then import them as samples…

Most of the other tracks on my site are “mashups”/“bootlegs”… some i’ve done exclusivly in Adobe Audition (like the Amerie one… could only find that Tim Wright tune on vinyl) and others are done in the usual Renoise/Audition combo (like the INXS vs Three 6 Mafia bootleg)

Glad you enjoyed them :)

Anyone else on here making 2 steppy/breaksy type stuff?
I’ve found there is a horrible lack of internet garage producers… and the other forums to look for them are populated by 12 year olds :D

>>here is the Spank Rock remix rns<<

This will show you how much i’ve done in Renoise and how much i’ve done in Audition and T-Racks… it’ll probably show my bad use of Renoise too :P

I’ve never really been on these forums and checking out some of the other RNS files on is like woah… :ph34r: I need to pull my Renoise game up

Excellent beats and basses, the glitches are well placed and not overused. As keith303 already said, the pad sounds cheap to me too.

thanks for linking the rns josh. unfortunately, i don’t seem to have a single vst plugin you used there… :-/
nevertheless interesting to see what you build this track on… there are a lot of sampled sequences (loops), eg. the vocals with the glitchy stuff. did you do that in audition? didn’t know audition was even good for sequencing… it’s just a wave editor, or?

at least i don’t know of anybody writing something comparable…
guess you’re holding a monopoly there to a certain extent ;)

Yeah, the drum loops were loops that i had made in Renoise earlier and put back in.
The glitching at the start was all done in Audition. You can do loads of really hands on sound manipulation in Audition, in the multitrack mode… It can get a bit tedious though :lol:
I have to work out how long 4 beats are, then 2, then 1 then half a beat etc etc and just chop,arrange and timestretch as neccessary.

Thanks for the comments :walkman:

one word … WOW!..

wish i could do this 2step beats… i just can’t …
dunno how to start haha

well nice work!

:) thanks

Nice little track enjoyed it. A lot of stuff based around the two step I find too repetitive but that was good :)

Excellent beats. Wicked basses! :yeah:

You’ve already explained yourself regarding that cheap pad, so I’ll leave you alone on that one. Otherwise, this is a real bouncy track that got me smiling and my head nodding! Excellent!

Can someone maybe explain to me what 2step is? Maybe point me to some “standard” examples of 2 step. If I knew what it was, maybe I would give it a shot!

One thing…seems like the noise floor is a bit high. Listen specifically to the ending fadeout. The noise is apparent there.

Peace.