Speedcomp: 10 samples / 30 minutes

Great, thanks! Aiming to participate :slight_smile:

here’s my entry, lol

darkpsy breakcore. 10 samples from FFF, 30 minutes :metal:

I’ll link video once it’s uploaded. my renoise audio wasn’t routed properly for the first 6 or 7 minutes, but I get it sorted out

2 Likes
2 Likes

Here is my entry. This was fun!

3 Likes

Sweet track!!

I’m both surprised and impressed that despite the horrible clipping the samples you’ve managed to make your track sound distinctly like a Zensphere track. Especially in just 30 minutes. Gonna check out your video to learn more on how you did that.

1 Like

Dude, yours is great! Different vibe altogether. And yes, totally agree, this was a fun challenge. I feel like if it was an hour the track quality would increase a lot. As it was, I had hardly any time for arrangement.
Looking forward to the next!

1 Like

Thanks man! I realized I wouldn’t have much time for sound design so I just leaned into the fucking trash sound. :joy:

Think I should do more of this kind of thing. Think I’ll create some of these sounds from scratch. Then give myself a tight deadline to make a track with it. Maybe not quite 30 minutes but an hour or so to get something that sounds complete.

1 Like

Speedcomp 51 coming up Friday the 17th of March 2023 with sample pack by Killjoy.
FB Event here Speedcomp 51 (Samples By Killjoy) or participate via
https://breakcore.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=471
Friday 7:30pm (AEST) 17/03/23 - Download the sample pack of 10 samples posted on the Facebook event page and the breakcore.com.au forum, make a track only using the 10 samples in the pack in around 30 minutes and send it to speedcompentry@gmail.com or post a downloadable Soundcloud link of your track on the event page(s).
A recording of all the entries will happen the following day so you have around 24 hours to find a spare 30 minutes to make a track. Podcasts of all entries (including last round) documented on the Speedcomp Soundcloud page. No over-thinks, no excuses, just thirty minutes, submit under a dodgy pseudonym if you must, not serious, just speedcomp.

1 Like

Yes, that was fun last time around, I’m in!

Hmmmm… Might be fun to take the breakcore samples and make some really chilled out ambient this time around :thinking:

1 Like

Here is my entry to Speedcomp 51. Selected a few of the samples, added a bunch of SoundToys effects with crude automation on top of the simple idea of the pattern should be climbing in pitch and that’s the track.

I also put it on YouTube. I didn’t actually hit record when I started to make the tune so it’s just a play through. But I tried showing what I’ve done, incase anyone is interested.

1 Like

We’ve got til tomorrow to submit, right?

Wait, I thought the samples don’t even go live for another 2 hours…

RU time bandit? :thinking:

not sure if I missed the window, but had a stab at this… and I did in fact make some ambient out of breakcore :upside_down_face:

there’s video too, I’ll upload when it’s published

published:

3 Likes

Does anyone know where I can get the samples from all the previous speedcomps?
I checked the website “giveusshits” but it seems that the site is down :frowning: