Stillwell OLGA won't load preset between x64 and x86 renoises

A xrns mod that use olga VSTi saved in x64 renoise 3.0.1. Then try to load in x86 version of renoise 3.0.1. After load it (preset) was with clear settings of olga synth. Try to save FXB bank in x64 version and then load it into x86 version of renoise. There something wrong with program names and settings of first 10 program presets. The left picture is correct bank (x86 loaded in x86) and the right is broken (x64 loaded in x86)

I can explain it more detail if need.

Very likely a problem in Olga: we’re passing over such plugin preset data to the plugins without modifying it in any way.
Could you please contact stillwell and report this to them too?

Could you please contact stillwell and report this to them too?

Will try to contact. BTW the saved banks (save with renoise buttons) have different sizes in x64 and x86 versions.

BTW the saved banks (save with renoise buttons) have different sizes in x64 and x86 versions.

From our point of view, all Renoise does is say “Hey, Mr. Plugin, please give us your data!”, and then we save it to disk in the expected FXP/FXB format.

We don’t try to modify the data in any way. In fact, we know almost nothing at all when it comes to the internal structure of the preset/program itself, because in most cases it’s simply a chunk of raw binary data.

So if there’s a difference in filesize when saving FXP/FXB in the 32-bit vs 64-bit versions (which I can confirm there is, after testing the Olga demo), then it comes from the plugin itself, and not from Renoise.

In this case, I think Olga is simply keeping track of which exact plugin version the saved FXP/FXB data came from.

Thanx dBlue. Very detailed answer. And very clean from programmer point of view :slight_smile: