Stomping Out Fires

Lots of guitar.

http://soundcloud.com/theftofcarbon/stomping-out-fires

This is great! I’ve only listened on my laptop so far so can’t say too much on the sound quality, but here it sounds like it lacks a little bit of “clarity”.
The part that starts around 2:30 i think it would sound better if you slowed down more, making it sound more tenacious.
Nice work! :guitar:

I got to listen to it in my car today, and it suddenly became blatantly obvious I over-compressed the drums. I’m working without my monitors atm because my 2i2 is being repaired and my backup interface doesn’t have balanced outputs and when I use unbalanced cables it picks up this high pitched digital whine that gives me a headache.

The rhythm guitar also needs some cleanup, and possibly some track doubling.

I liked em. but if your playing guitar then maybe think about adding a bass guitar too. helps flatten the mix out a bit.

You’re probably right. I wanted to try a different kind of bass just to see how it would sound, and I think ultimately you’re right, just a bass guitar would have been better. I only have a 4 string though, and I feel like it doesn’t go low enough, and I’m not really a bass player so I haven’t gotten used to making bass tones yet. My next track will probably have bass guitar in it.