Stop FX command not working in Send tracks?

Hello :wave: brand new Renoise user here

I’m using X00 in a Send track. I was hoping it would stop the FX (in my case clear a reverb tail) but it’s not doing anything.

In this tutorial, the guy says to add the command to the “master effects column” but it’s unclear to me as a beginner if Send tracks even have a master effects column…

Is there a way to stop effects on Send tracks? I know I can disable the effects, and the re-enable them, but I was hoping I could just leave them active on Send tracks, and just stop them when needed, to save a bit of fiddling about.

Cheers in advance

No takers for this one eh… I’m going to guess I’m just trying to use this command in a way it’s not meant to be used.

The only workaround I’ve found is to disable the effect(s) on one line, then immediately re-enable them on the next one. It works. But if you have a lot of effects to handle at once it tends to result in a pretty wide set of fx columns where it would be nice to just have one. if anyone knows of a better approach, let me know.

Would convert device chain to doofer help here?

it’s unclear to me as a beginner if Send tracks even have a master effects column…

That’s the only thing they have. This is covered in the manual, as well as the Track Types video.

Is there a way to stop effects on Send tracks?

This shouldn’t work differently in Send tracks, but it does. In fact it also affects Group tracks and the Master track as well. I checked out previous versions and it stopped working properly between 2.7 and 2.8 (which is when the effect command notation changes were introduced). So I reckon this is a bug that @taktik should look into.

Like ‘tonal reset’ in KSHMR reverb?
I’d like to be able to do this…

You can duck the wet level on a reverb using a signal follower for a very similar effect. Keeps the transients dry

Thanks for the responses. I’ll keep an eye out for a bug fix but in the mean time the workaround is holding up. There are probably other approaches that I’ll discover as I get deeper into Renoise. I’ll look into doofers too.

Hey it’s Mr Zensphere - I’ve been watching a lot of your awesome youtube videos. Thanks for those!

1 Like

hey, thanks! yeah, I’m definitely here on the forum, lol

glad if you get something from the channel :slight_smile:

1 Like