Studio One Linux public beta

Didn’t see that one coming but it’s great news big companies like this to support Linux.I already use Renoise and Bitwig but Studio One has some nice features especially if you are not good with music theory.

3 Likes

There is a subtle shift towards Linux going on I’ve noticed. Ive tried Linux a few times for multiple reasons, namely privacy and as an attempt to curb my GAS in terms of available plugins being far fewer in number. Id love to be able to use it, but its always felt a little out of reach in terms of my technical proficiency. I do tend to support devs who support Linux thkugh still, conpanies like UHe, Audiothing, AudioDamage, Renoise, Reaper etc. Maybe one day ill try again.

1 Like

Test some linux distros in a virtual machine and see how that goes.It just takes some time to get use to.I have tried all major linux distros and many many many more and i can tell you this,Pop oS by system 76 is the best most stable easy to use linux distro and plays nice with nvidia cards if you have one.If you have amd you are good to go out of the box.Warning if you want to dual boot with windows ,have 2 separate hard drives for each operating system never dual boot in one hard drive.There are tools in linux so that you can have many windows vsts but in my experience learning my daws instruments is better and i make music faster.When i stopped searching for every new plugin out there i regained focus,less is more!!

1 Like