Anyone figure out a way to get Stylus RMX to work in renoise without two instances? Even if I cut and paste it doesn’t work.
Yes, same problem here. I can’t get the pattern directly into renoise. What i do is writing the sample and work from there in renoise.
so with “getting Stylus RMX to work” you are relating to the midi drag&drop functionality of the plugin, right?
took me a while to figure that out, especially because i’m using stylus rmx frequently since years and have never had any problems.
and i never felt the urge to use that midi feature, because it’s so simple to make your own grooves with the slices or, if you really want to, replicate the sequence 1:1. (lame! )
the midi drag&drop feature is still usable with a workaround however:
- save the song you’re currently working on (the one in which you plan to drop the midi sequence / pattern).
- drag&drop from stylus into the pattern editor
=> renoise will create a new song with the respective note data in the pattern as received from the plugin.
- block copy the pattern data.
- load your song again.
- paste the data from the clipboard buffer to the track of your desire.
- adjust the instrument reference of the note data so that it’s matching the number of the stylus instance in your instrument list. (-> advanced edit)
- expand the note data if required so that it matches your LPB setting (-> advanced edit)
- bon appetit
Could also start up a new instance of renoise.
Then drag/drop to that one. And copy/paste back to first renoise.
You can forget step 1 and 4 if you open another Renoise session and drag & drop the midi data in the other Renoise session.
Edit:Pysj was ahead of me
Well, currently, there is no easier way than with two instances.
I wish the MIDI snippets drag and drop could be solved differently instead of being interpreted as a .MID song.
I think it would be better if Renoise offers you a choice what to do with the .MID data before it starts to import it as a song right away.