Suggestions For Better Look And Feel

the plugin thing seems not to be working for you. renoise 1.5 starts lightning fast here, no matter if I rebooted or not. when I start the old 1.281 it takes nearly 2 minutes to load, the 1.5er starts in about 15 seconds.

and that velocity thing for the VSTis is a proper request, especially since quite afew VSTis switch to a special sound for full-velocity notes (trilogy, groove-agent), so either a slider for min/max vel or even a envelope (looking like in those compressor-plugins) would be nice.

concerning startup
I use the 1.5rc1 and it was very fast at first (like 5 seconds). But now over
40 VSTis and quite a few VSTs later the system is terribly bogged down.
This is eventhough i have chosen, when possible, to install i.e. “sample library” files in another directory, just so as to speed up searching through
the “SteinbergVstplugins” directory.

(Some plugins will install 50+ directories, for native presets/states/sounds
and moving these disrupts the plugin)

I dont think im being extreme here but Im quite fond of my studio plugins
And I will continue to extend this collection with time making harddiskchewing
at startup even longer.

And I think that its an easy to fix to just check the existance of the .dll files
based upon the paths stored in a cache, thus preventing crashing, and ensuring a very speedy startup.

concerning velocity
I think the simplest might be a slider or a “numberbox” off course. Nice
Idea with the velocity envelope, altough, could not “velocity curve” be
a more proper description perhaps?

ModPlug had this… VERY useful IMO. You could set both highlights freely, so odd beats wasn’t a problem.

I agree, a second highlight is very useful for seeing immediately what “important” beat you’re on. Not only modplug but also impulse tracker and ztracker, at least.