Support Vst 3???

Is plugin sandboxing enabled on your system? It seems, it doesn’t work, when this is active. You need to put these wrapper files to your VST2 folder, because its a VST2 plugin :slight_smile: It’s using the default VST3 install path’s for scanning of VST3 plugins. So you dont need to put your VST3 plugins in your VST2 folder.

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick answer. I’m afraid I was completly mistaking! In fact it is currently impossible to run VST3 under Renoise,right? I will wait for Renoise v3.3 in order to use “again.vst3” in Renoise. :partying_face:

1 Like

Its possible to use VST3’s inside Renoise with this wrapper. It acts as VST2 shell plugin similar like the Waves plugins. You need to put the wrapper in your default VST2 folder, thats it. When Renoise is scanning for plugins during program start, it triggers the VST3 scanning of the wrapper plugin, too. Your again.vst3 just need to be copied to the default VST3 folder.

Hmmm… I made a big noob mistake. When I compiled the samples of VST3 SDK the files were located in a folder with the same name as the plugin and so my Renoise path was set on an incorrect folder… I didn’t noticed that the “again.vst3” was a folder and not a file… Shame…

\again.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\again.vst3 :sweat_smile:

Knowing that, I set the good folder as Renoise path. Then I put all the “shell” DLL in the same good folder where is the VST3 plugin. But when I rescan, nothing new appears. I tested the “again.vst3” under VSTHost, where it is correctly managed. So the problem is… elsewhere…

In fact I don’t understand what you call default VST2 folder and default VST3 folder. Perhaps all my issues come from that misunderstanding?

1 Like

Normally the system path of VST3 plugins is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
Just put the VST3 in there.

Default VST2 folder means the location where Renoise scans for new VST2 plugins. It’s the folder where you installed all your VST2 plugins. Just put the shell dll in there. When Renoise now scans for new plugins, the shell dll also will be scanned. During scan the shell dll automatically scans all VST3 plugins which are installed into the VST3 system folder and make them available as VST2 plugins for Renoise.

1 Like

Got that plugin, it works with a couple of VST3 effects I tried
But after that loading another VST3 doesn’t work, have to re-load Sigmod. Seems to be a bug.

1 Like

Kushview Element Modular VST Plugin Host Is Now FREE
I think it can host vst3

3 Likes

This seems perfekt!! Just wanted to post also. :blush: Dank

1 Like

Jeskola Buzz scene to the rescue again.

1 Like