Syncing Renoise To Reaper (or other Sequencers)...

hmm, ive tried this (exactly as you have done in the video) and im not getting Reaper to start when i play Renoise…

im not sure what it could be, as ive followed the video!

any thoughts?

kinda got it to work, but it takes a few seconds before they sync. is this normal?

also sometimes they slow down but still stay together…

When you start, yes it takes a few moments before they synchronize as timestamps have to be adjusted so they first need to be read before any adjustments can be made.
So you need to start from an earlier offset than where you usually want to start. (count-in)

great, thanks very much. thought i had something incorrectly set up. :)

i have to try this sometime in the weekend

I want to rewire renoise to cubase. I hope it will be supported soon.
JB

Ok so I’ve almost successfully synced Renoise to reaper (with OS X and using the reaper osx beta) only thing is that when in Renoise I select one pattern, so it loops, unfortunately the audio file in Reaper just keeps playing on. i.e. doesn’t jump back to loop as well .

So I was wondering if there are people on mac who succeeded in syncing this successfully or if people on PC also get the above described behavior.

A patternloop does not supply another SPP event to Reaper.
But (without testing atm) what would happen if you add a one row sized pattern without notedata and put this one in the loop cycle as well?

same result.
wave file in Reaper just continues.

why? what were you hoping for?

Hoping? no really hoping, just wanted to know if Renoise needed a pattern transition to send SPP data or does not send this data at all in loop-mode. It just does not send this data at all.

yeah its to bad.
it just means you have to hit stop and play all the time

(edited out)
useless post - issue was fixed by clicking on (ext) in ableton live, or (clock) next to bpm in renoise (re: syncing renoise+renoise or renoise+ableton live)
works great.THANKS.

Hello Everybody,

I decided to not create a new thread but I need a way to sync Buzz to Renoise. I have a large sample that will be untouched in renoise, and I just want to add backing drums in Renoise. Would I have to use Reaper to do this, or is there another way? Before I experimented intensely, I was thinking that I could just use the same settings for tempo as in buzz, but alas, it does not work and the vocals, melodies, etc, are off beat. anyhow any help would be appreciated, as my friend does his vocals in buzz, and I do the backbeat in renoise. THANX

Cheerios,
Kevin

Has anybody had a problem routing more than one ASIO client into the ReaRoute driver simultaneously?

I’m trying to get Renoise and Max/MSP into REAPER simultaneously – one client is OK, but as soon as the other app starts, it gets dodgy. Doesn’t matter which one starts first, the sound cuts out or gets choppy or sometimes doesn’t exist at all. They’re on different channels too. Weird. I posted on the REAPER forums and got no reply.
/n\

vV, perhaps you have some experience with this issue?

Is reaper really worth it? I’m just curious. I’ve been hearing more and more about people using it.