Syncing Renoise To Reaper (or other Sequencers)...

Yo,

I just had a look at the instructions on how to sync Renoise with Reaper. I was wondering if anyone has managed this, and if it works good.

I had a quick try at work and couldnt get it going.

Anyone?

edit vvoois:
http://www.renoise.com/indepth/tutorials/u…sed-to-renoise/

No one?

I fear the reaper :(

no, I don’t trust someone who calls themselves “cockos” xD

“I just had a look at the instructions on how to sync Renoise with Reaper”

link please, did you get it working?

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14485

Here you go.

Haha at the replies in this thread. I too fear the reaper.

Come on guys! Is no one interested in doing this??

There must be someone who wants to try!

Someone already did a while ago:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/rewire-rearoute/17942

Thanks for the link.

I am still having probs with it though.

I will try to sort it and post any findings I make along the way.

OK, I got it working a bit…

It seems there are a lot of issues between the BPM of the Renoise (and the Speed setting) and the BPM of Reaper…

Anyone know the nuts and bolts of this?

Considering the speed-guidelines for a true bpm i should say only try these speeds: 1, 2, 3, 6, 12
If you use any other speed setting, the BPM won’t be true anylonger.

Using Speed 3, I get some weird results.

Speed 3, 140bpm, seems to make things play at 280bpm (when Reaper is set to 140bpm)

If I set Reaper to 70bpm, things slow down in Renoise, but it is all jerky and weird. If I set Speed to 6, things work ok (ish) in Renoise, but Reaper is slow as hell (it has to be set to 70bpm)

Hmm…

Configure the virtual midicable Midi yoke to communicate with Renoise:

Configure rearoute audio-input:

One thing is not to forget to set the MIDI-clock Slave offset in the MIDI config around your rearoute asio delay (if it Reaper says on the top-right ~58/23msecs ASIO (see upper picture), then set Renoise MIDI clock-slave offset to 58.00 msecs) you can also play with the smoothing factor (raising the value to lower bpm fluctuations) in the same MIDI-clock Slave MIDI configurations panel:

Though i don’t know if MIDI Yoke works well with the smooth factor, you could also try to in- or decrease the offset with decimals (58.01 or 57.99 or somewhere near the actual ReaRoute ASIO delay) to get the synchronisation straight.

Set the MIDI properties in the io box of the track:

Set the rearoute send-channels in the Renoise mixer. In the below example Renoise outs to 1+2 in the master by default:

You can ofcourse change other tracks to output to other channels if set, just take care that the “Limit to Stereo output” checkbox in the audio configurations controlpanel is unchecked.

Wham.

Mega-post! Thanks loads for helping me out like this. I will have a crack at it tonight when I get home.

Nice work friend

Sweet dude, it works!!

This is effectively a solution to using long samples in Renoise!

Great!!

Hi,

thanks vV for suggesting this.

My renoise will not playback if reaper is opened alongside…
Meaning everything else like menus works but no playback or anything… like renoise is totally jammed.

Should they work instantaneously?

Argh… would be so sweet to get to even test this… =)

please someone tell me there is a way around this. :ph34r:

I first opened Reaper before I opened Renoise.
Doing otherwise seems to cause problems in most attempts when inspecting the thread on the cocos forums.

yeah I tried that, but did not work…

Strangely renoise and cubase SX ran ok using the reroute, but the signal did not seem to reach cubase though…

[quote="#<0x0000562850ded8d8>, post:19, topic:20784"]

yeah I tried that, but did not work…

Strangely renoise and cubase SX ran ok using the reroute, but the signal did not seem to reach cubase though…
[/quote]

So many things someone can try to do…

On Reaper you have to click the [R] button on the track to enable record for that track (See ReaRoute input picture, notice the red lit [R] button), the levelmeters for the track should then appear under the track’s slider and the monitor should start to show audio from the ReaRout channels. (I made this forgetting mistake too in the beginning)

I don’t know what you should do on Cubase to enable the ReaRoute channel in it, but most likely some kind of recording trigger has to be enabled there as well.</0x0000562850ded8d8>