Tape delay

Hi!

Its will be sweet)))

Thnx

I’ve been thinking about this recently. One of the few things I am missing from the Renoise dsp effects is a good tape emulation. However, rather than doing a straight tape emulation, I think that there is a more powerful idea.

It would be great if it was possible to insert other renoise effect devices (or even vst effects) into the delay feedback path. That way we could emulate a tape delay with some distortion and a filter (and maybe some chorus) but also to do crazy things with comb filters etc.

Thoughts?

It would be great if it was possible to insert other renoise effect devices (or even vst effects) into the delay feedback path. That way we could emulate a tape delay with some distortion and a filter (and maybe some chorus) but also to do crazy things with comb filters etc.

Thoughts?

That sounds neat! We can already_sorta_ do this with Multitap filtering, but being able to insert any effect device would be really cool.

Been asking this since the multitap delay came out ,.

In renoise 3.1 beta developers added an interploation method which nobody liked and thus got removed .

Any way , tape delay would be nice

This would be cool as would being able to change the tuning/pitch of taps, so you can, for example, get a doppler delay effect. And since we’re asking for stuff, resonance on the multitap delay’s individual tap filters for cheesy dub delay effect :slight_smile:

oh boy a modular feedback path would be the bollocks

on the subject of delay id like to see a more conventional ping pong mode too but thats another matter…

I would prefer a dry-amount slider for every doofer, so you could mix the dry signal to the doofer. Then putting a chorus on multitap delay.