Target tracks using meta from inside doofer

Would be very helpful! Please rethink your current paradigm, consider change it! People still can simply not place outside targets for sharing.

This + targeting outside via send device…

This would speed up workflow. We could build usual song units into doofers, then just reconnect and done. For example, I would like to reuse a reverb sender, that uses pre-compression, pre filtering and stereo processing, also xy-pad, etc. This to load using effect chain appending can be a hassle, because of lack of overview and moving around etc.

And here’s what I propose, alongside doofers, simply have a folder device that serves only to organize a lot ofeffects in the mixer and effects pane. It will only be there as a visual container and does not effect the effects inside it.

But with one change, when a parameter in an effect is set to Show in Mixer it would be shown in the folder instead.

d4uElFJ.jpg

I don’t think the folder idea is the way to go. Doofers need to be developed to enable things like parallel processing, sending to external locations is just another aspect of that.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to expand the doofers in this regard, as the automation systemin doofers does not benefit larger chains at all. Localised send tracks for in-track parallel processing sounds like a better idea for me.

I don’t think the folder idea is the way to go. Doofers need to be developed to enable things like parallel processing, sending to external locations is just another aspect of that.

I totally agree here, but when would this come? I was targeting a simple improvement that doesn’t hurt (don’t use it if you don’t like), takes only a moment and is possible for 3.1 final.

EDIT: To be clear, I love (and only sometimes hate) Renoise basically.