Techno Glide / Slide

OK - I used to use ModEdit on DOS back in the day. It did many cool things, but the one thing I remember was its ability to make those glides that characterized techno music in the early 90s. An example would be starting at C-4 and gliding to C-5 then back down to C-4 and repeating the process. I have tried using the ‘5’ command, and I have got some interesting results, but I am not quite getting there.

Any tips would be helpful.

An example of the exact sound you’re trying to achieve would be helpful :)

It seems like you’re already on the right track with the 05xx glide command. Have you tried simply using different values with this effect? Are you trying to achieve more subtle or more extreme results with it?

i never use the 05xx command, always 02xx and 01xx to glide down and up again. that information might help you, in some way.

OK, the verse part of this song is a good example of the sound.

I am close, just need to bring it home. I don’t mind experimenting until I get it, just thought I would see if someone had some experience with it.

I think the pitch up/down commands as rhowaldt mentioned is the way to go for that kind of effect, but you could also automate the pitch in the instrument settings to get a similar effect.

Once again, it’s kinda hard to know which exact sound you’re talking about, since you didn’t mention any specific part of the song. It’s hard to tell what is the verse, what is the chorus, what is something else, etc. If you could give an actual sound sample then it would help.

Anyway, I think I know which type of sound you’re referring to. So maybe this example will help:
2118 renoise-rave-synth-glide.xrns

[quote=“dblue, post:6, topic:32769”]
Once again, it’s kinda hard to know which exact sound you’re talking about, since you didn’t mention any specific part of the song. It’s hard to tell what is the verse, what is the chorus, what is something else, etc. If you could give an actual sound sample then it would help.

Anyway, I think I know which type of sound you’re referring to. So maybe this example will help:

Dude - you nailed it spot on. My man - represent.

sorry, i had to do the obvious ;)

Ha ha!! fun stuff, good way to start my day :walkman:

Hey man - that’s cool. I will take all the help I can get. :yeah:

haha :D

B)

I waited for this°! :lol: thanks

[quote=“dblue, post:6, topic:32769”]

Real sick!

thanks dblue

awesome stuff