The Calling

Posted this on my other soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/adrianthomas/the-calling

Here is a tune for you by me. It’s entitled “The Calling”. Making this tune, I remember I was at a point in my life questioning my journey in music. My father is a bassist. My younger brother is also a music producer. I also have other members who play, perform, write, et al. I was really thinking (I think a lot. It’s damn near a fault sometimes) about how many are called to do something, but few are chosen. Have I been called to make music, but still, like many others who are hungry, are waiting for music to choose them? Was I really wasting my time after all? I get older by the second and waiting for a label (for example) to hear my work and decide to release some of my music seems all but a pipe dream. True, if you truly want something, you have to go after it and never give up; but when did giving up ever be such a bad thing. Often, you have to give up certain things to get to something greater.

Thoughts like these and others were really weighing on my mind that day. It was a very surreal time as I had conversations with myself, arriving at conclusions and new ideas. Thus the creation of this tune.

Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy it. It’s one of those works that’s very special to me as I can still remember the feelings and inner struggles that went into making this.Critique, comments always welcome.

Cheers.

I liked the track. If asking questions inspires you then keep asking. Just keep exploring yourself.

Legendary: I really love the harmonics and the sound atmosphere in your track. But please rework the drums, they are far too loud and too harsh (especially kick and clap). Maybe limiting their lofi parts, smoothing with reverb and lower the volume?

Legendary: I really love the harmonics and the sound atmosphere in your track. But please rework the drums, they are far too loud and too harsh (especially kick and clap). Maybe limiting their lofi parts, smoothing with reverb and lower the volume?

Thanks to you Synthiser for you comments.

Well the original project files are lost (track was made in 2009). So as for making adjustments, I would have to do on the whole audio file. But thanks for your feedback.

Oh ok anyway very nice song