The Dead Dog'S Renoise Comp Round 10

Right entries are closed. Sorry about slight delay, been out the house. Downloaded all entries and will remove any tags and upload shortly for voting. Quite a good turnout this round :)

(Let me just install and register Spotify first as bored of all my music.)

Error in submissions, correction coming.

aaargh, sorry – wrong directory, wrong filename… :panic:
thanks, kazakore

Soundcloud up.

http://soundcloud.com/dead-dog-disko/sets/dead-dog-renoise-competition

Vote Pack:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5mh32x8eh8onvza

(Hope I got things right. Moved and renamed rather than copied again :-/ )

this must’ve been the hardest vote as yet. first of all, 6 songs to choose from. really glad to see people are enthusiastic about this round, and have decided to join in. furthermore, after listening through them all, i had 3 favourites, which was a first for me as well, as usually there’s one or maybe two i think stand out from the rest. really fantastic entries all of you, i enjoyed listening to them all a lot. and i also think a lot of you did a lot better than me, which kinda sucks, but seeing how opinions differ, i might still have a shot at winning. anyway, thanks a lot for joining in, i just voted, and i hope more people will (17 listens on track 1 on Soundcloud and only 4 votes!).

[embarrassing confessions of a drunk person deleted]

great stuff again, and I will take some more days to make up my mind for the poll.

I have a question about the competitions. About chopping up the original track. Am I allowed to cut the track to pieces to gather individual sounds? Or am I supposed to use nothing but the 09 command triggering parts of the original file?

The competition is long over but you can do whatever you want. Cut, paste, stretch. Just as long as you keep it Renoise ^_^

As td6d says this round is over but generally anything goes as long as it is Renoise (with a few exceptions as all rules can be changed and set by the winner of the previous round.) This would even allow cutting down to single cycle waveforms and producing a chiptune style piece, or similar, from provided samples if so desired.

I will endeavour to start copy and pasting the fuller rules each round again from now on. Although I had my laptop hard drive fail on me AGAIN last night so I’m back to running off a Ubuntu Live CD…

i have a friend who seems to be suffering from something we’ve started calling ‘technofear’ over the years. the term does not comply with the official definition (fear of technology), but is actually a strange phenomenon where some technological devices he touches or handles behave strangely or do not work at all, while they do work as expected for others. i’ve literally stood in front of his computer where he clicked something multiple times and it did not do a thing, and when i clicked it, it just worked normally. strange stuff. seeing how often (at least the last couple of months from what i know) your electronical devices seem to fail on you, i was wondering if you might suffer from something similar…

Not usually. As I work as a Broadcast Engineer having to support and repair a multitude of electronic equipment worth up to hundreds of thousands of pounds (new router going in at MK is £500k, new multiviewer is £250k for eg) it really would not be good if that was the case for me. In fact I’m normally the person, who once called the things magically start to work. Although I have had experiences in the past when I’ve spent literally days trying to get to the bottom of a fault, my boss stands behind me and asks how I’m getting on, try and demonstrate the issue and suddenly everything works perfectly (although not my current boss who is basically useless!)

Although the last few months I do seem to be having a pretty bad time with pretty much everything!

And technophobe is the correct term for somebody afraid of technology or technological advances.

OK we currently have a tie situation again, between three of the tracks this time. I will give them a listen after having done myself something to eat and announce the winner. Well try to anyway, as that will require me downloading all original tracks and again to work out which is whose…

Think my personal favourite was actually the only one with no votes, no.3. Out of the three tied tracks I am giving the deciding vote no.4. Arguably less in the vein of the original but as the brief was to do a Remix I don’t think that’s too much of a consideration to worry about.

Going by filesize of recently redownloaded files that gives us a winner of the round of dubkidflash

Please get any rules for the next round to me within the next couple of days.

congratulations dubkidflash! well done!

too bad not more people voted for this one. now we have 6 contestants but only 9 voters!

Thanks man (sometimes you win, sometimes you lose eh…) :lol:

And congratulations to dubkidflash!!

congrats to dubkidflash!
congrats to all contestants, i liked all entries!

PS.
now i hate to say this, haha, but i’m the winner: my girlfriend basically HATES any music i create, but this round, she liked my entry most! :P :wub: :lol: :lol: :dribble:

PPS.
don’t worry, she also likes linkin park… :huh: :lol:

I’m still curious about your drunk confessions f+d+k, when are you going to drink heavily again? I have to know when to monitor the board closely :lol:

btw, I loved the first two entries, my vote went to nr.2 after listening them for idontknow how long.

LOL td6d, I can’t remember anymore! :P (where’s that emoticon with the halo?)

@kazakore: are you gonna post the contestants’ list?

I’ll go through them and work it out at some point but as I don’t have the original files I’ll either have to redownload or compare to Soundcloud…