The Dead Dog'S Renoise Comp Round 3

6 tracks! Somebody will beat me this time for sure!

@rhowaldt: girlie

@DDRC3 - 6.xrns: I dig it!

yeahyeahyeah, and the crappy thing is, you have every right to call me names now - shouldn’t have had such a big mouth knowing Round 3 was likely to intersect with my new ownership of a long awaited videogame. and i’m gonna take lessons in AM/PM time-notation, as i was sadly mistaken there as well (although it is highly questionable whether i would’ve beat you with a 1 minute entry)

Why didn’t somebody point out I forgot to add a Poll?! :P

Doing it now…

@rhowaldt: girlie geek

Quite impressed all round people! Good work :)

Although there were some low quality samples in there when I listened to the pack I was happy to hear some drum sounds that sounded like they should work for hip-hop and you’ve all made good use of them.

I do have a favourite after a couple of listens today but after the almost draw fiasco I am holding off my vote in the case of a tie again. I do think Uav may be beaten this time though ;)

:unsure: that means you will not vote for me :unsure:

That’s only because of a raging toothache prevented me from working well!
Great tracks everyone!

That’s not what I said. If it comes to a tie I will vote for whichever I think is the best out of them, no matter whose it is. Just that this is the first one where I don’t think yours would be my first vote out of the tracks.

So hard to choose 1(not going to vote for my self thou :P)I will listen again tonight and vote…

edit: forgot to say already voted :D

We currently have more entries than votes. That can’t be right! Come on people, give them a listen and vote for your favourite.

(Sorry been a bit slack with updating things but life has been a bit mental both at work and at home just recently. FTP seems to be behaving again (fingers crossed) so will try and get the site updated and will try and get this set up on Soundcloud to see if that helps with getting the lazies voting…)

i’ve been hiding in shame underneath some rock somewhere, in constant fear of üav walking up to me and calling me a girlie. so, have not been able to vote yet. and damnit this new Android phone and AC Brotherhood are still not helping! distractions galore…

Soundcloud Set as promised.

http://soundcloud.com/dead-dog-disko/sets/dead-dog-renoise-competition-round-3

That Assassin’s Creed game does look sexy from the adverts!

Uav: Been updating the site slowly but surely and have to apologise that I can’t get direct links to your tracks to work using the accented (umlaut) U so having to go without (as I have here as I don’t know offhand how to type it without copy and pasting) in filenames.

I’ll accept that only if you vote for me :P, no I’m kidding it’s ok.

tie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBawJUq8BGI

Wow! Even though all the entries were good I never expect this to be quite so close.

Another 36ish hours to get votes in. Or up to whenever I head out to party Saturday night most likely… ;)

alright! it’s weekend so i had time to listen and vote. seems the entries are improving with each competition, really great stuff. shame i was too preoccupied to enter this one. i do hope üav loses big time though. :) (just kidding)

Going out around 5 this evening so going to close voting in a couple of hours or so. Very good round this one. Well done everybody who has taken part.

Well the winner with the marvellous entry No.6 is Weeble. Congratulations mate!!

Entries:

1. Mammoth
  2. 00.1
  3. Dupoxy
  4. Beat Fuhrer
  5. Uav
    6. Weeble

congratulations, to all of you, for making great tracks this round. dupoxy, your 1 vote came from me.

yay that is the first time i ever win a compo… :D

That post i deleted in the thread was a little like this i think:
Tried to make the final mix (with my headphones on low volume) before i sent the track, only then i listened what i submitted it at higher volume, the highs on it are kiling my ears (but then i turn the volume down and it is ok again…)guess it needed a little less distortion, or some more filters :P :lol:

Anyway didnt expect to win, thanks to everyone who joined so i could beat them :D (jk), and ofcourse kazakore for making this compo ^_^

edit: forgot to say, very nice entries from everyone here :)
had really hard time deciding on what track i should vote, in the end i chose track 5 just a little over number 4 and 1(surprised to see that one has no vote…reallly liked the atmosphere of the second part on that :))