The Dead Dog'S Renoise Comp Round 3

Voting Time! Deadline to cast you vote: Midnight Saturday 27th (or as close thereafter I see the results.)

Full pack:
http://www.deaddogdisko.co.uk/Stuff/Renamed.zip

Soundcloud Set:
http://soundcloud.com/dead-dog-disko/sets/dead-dog-renoise-competition-round-3

Good luck all!!

Tracking time over.

Rules:
Tempo: Any
Genre: Hip-Hop
Time Signature: Any
Compulsory Sample: No.
Additional Rules: You may use Renoise’s Line-In/Recording facilities to record your own vocals/rapping. Renoise only. All features, functions, DSPs etc of Renoise allowed. Samples provided only, except your own vocal recording.
Submissions: Please submit links for download to me via PM so we can keep voting closed. Audio file accepted, preferably mp3 at 320kbs; other encodings and rates will be accepted. .XRNS submissions also accepted, preferably alongside a audio file but in isolation only (allowing Demo users to join in.) Would be extra nice if people can provide both.

Sample Pack: http://www.deaddogdisko.co.uk/Stuff/DeadDogRenoiseCompetitionRound3.zip

Demonstrative examples of the style as provided by Uav (although I’m sure everybody knows what hip hop is):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjtZQYvf8M

Happy tracking everybody :)

THANK YOU for the Beastie Boys - Sure Shot. i was ready to bash üav for setting the genre to hiphop, and making it extra difficult for me to beat his ass this time, but that song has got my mood up. you’re going down, üav!

ahah the fact is that I’m really bad at making epic groovy hip hop beats, anyway I got 48h to work on that and that’s enough to beat you once again rhowaldt ! :yeah:

I´ll try to join on this one, going to try to record some vocals tomorrow(my mic has broke going to use my head phones and shout in to those…) so it should be fun ^_^ cant rap or ryme very well so maybe you people will get a nice laugh out of it…but if it is really crap i will leave out the vocal and spare ur ears :lol:

edi: or i will just use the vocals in the pack :rolleyes:
(i really should think before i say anything :lol: )

yesssss hip-hop. doing this

Hey, do it! It’s mostly about having fun anyway ;)

Hip-hop? Oh god this is going to be messy… I love it.

You have no chance guys. It’s still the time for you to wave the white flag. :drummer:

Ultra busy with problems at work this weekend and had to look after my girlfriend yesterday after she had a bit of a breakdown so really don’t think I’m likely to get the chance to enter this one.

Listening through the pack this time and some of those samples are terrible quality. Sorry guys! Really should try and crop my collection a bit more but it is hard work!

Good luck everybody.

was having a go at this but got a problem with one sample wen I reload the song see here :help/bug forum post

Yeah maybe i should have…now just chopped a little in that vocals in the pack…have to do with what i have done now, because i will be sleeping when it is the deadline ^_^

BTW kazakore, good luck with that sh* man…hope everything works out for you and your girl… :o

Samples are ok thou, used to working with crap samples anyway so i didnt even notice until u said that :P

edit:track send to kazakore…was fun to only use the samples and renoise fx…look forward to hear the other tracks :walkman:

Sent mine as well, was kinda hard with this sample pack. :D

Few submissions already in, good work people.

Three and a half hour to finish what you’re doing. Unfortunately I don’t have my laptop at work today so am not even going to get the chance to start something terrible.

That also means I wont be able to download, package and upload until some point this evening, but will do so as soon as I can.

Hang on kazakore! Working on sunday is one of the greatest pleasures in this world.

I do alternate weekends so pretty used to it. Better when I manage to bring my laptop in so can work on my own stuff easier. Almost went out last night (straight to work from a party can be hard if there’s much going on) but didn’t feel well so gave it a miss in the end, after traveling to my girlfriend’s without my bits and bobs to make work more pleasant. Probably for the best as we’ve had a few issues here lately, although it’s slow testing/fault-finding, not running around like a headless chicken at the moment.

Well tracking time is over, I hope everybody who wanted to compete has got their track to me :)

goddamnit.
i was walking around thinking i got until tonight, but i didn’t. well, did not matter anyway. i had a song of 1 minute, because i wasted all my time playing Assassins Creed Brotherhood while i could’ve been tracking to beat üav. i hope someone else will beat him though, and i will return when i finished the game :)

Not gonna be in this time, sorry guys. I had reserved saturday night for tracking, but had so many interruptions from phone calls and crap that I couldn’t concentrate enough to make something halfway decent. Lame.

edit: hmmm i didnt really think, when i post this then everyone will know what track was mine better delete it :lol:

I’ll say this again maybe when the compo is over ^_^

Vote pack up. First post edited.

http://www.deaddogdisko.co.uk/Stuff/Renamed.zip