The generic name "Phrase XX" does not appear in the phrase Keymap mode

(W10 x64, R3.1.1 & R3.2.0)

The formats of name “Phrase 1” or “Phrase 01” (Phrase + space + number) or equivalent, do not appear in the upper distribution of the virtual piano. If you type “Phrase” or any other word for the name of the phrase, it will appear.

If the name does not appear, the user may think that the phrase has no name. No problem if it appears like this:
01 - Phrase 01, even if it is redundant.

That’s exactly the intention. It never got named, so no name is displayed.
If you don’t give your phrases names, showing “XX - Phrase XX” everywhere doesn’t add any useful information.

But really the phrase has a name, “Phrase XX”, even if the user has not renamed it.

An example. It is possible that to the phrase with index 01 the user rename it with “Phrase 7” or “Phrase 23” and that name will not appear. Is it consistent for the user to do that? Maybe it’s an imported phrase. I do not know.

On the other hand, it is strange this cases:

1. “phrase 04” or “phrase 4” appear
  2. “Phrase 04” or “Phrase 4” does not appear.

Anyway, I understand the criteria.

@taktik. I return to this thread to highlight another related topic that I consider a small design problem.

I comment with an example. If a user imports from a folder a phrase called “Phrase 04” in the slot of phrase 01, the name of the phrase will automatically change to “Phrase 01”, when the actual name of the phrase is “Phrase 04”, which is the name you are looking for in the folder to locate.

This issue of self-naming the name of the phrases can be confusing and frustrating if you create tools to deal massively with the name of the phrases.

For example, if in a XXX folder you have 10 phrases called: Phrase 01, Phrase 02 … Phrase 09 and Phrase 0A, and by means of a function the loads in an action from slot 22, the 10 names will change to Phrase 22 , Phrase 23, Phrase 24 … These names will not match the names of the phrases within the XXX folder.

This only happens with the “Phrase XX” format and forces the user not to use this format to avoid confusion.

From the user’s point of view, to identify or locate a phrase, there is no choice but to use its name, not its index.