The "Handy tips you failed to noticed in the past"-Thread

that`s sick!

Wait a second, what transpose button? People are using the mouse to transpose? This is just wrong, there must be over a dozen transpose-related shortcuts!

I don’t have a problem with right clicking always entering slider data. It’s not like you’d right click for anything other purpose and it’s one less modal-state-dependency to deal with.

My biggest problem was when migrating from my desktop to a new laptop and having to get used to the touchpad and associated buttons. I regularly accidentally hit the right mouse button, entering data all over the place I didn’t want even though Record was not enabled! I think it’s silly that you can record data when you shouldn’t be able to record!!

And you do right click for other purposes! To change by a large amount, rather than a small amount, on pretty much every single arrow on the edge of every single slider. If you miss by a few pixels and hit the slider instead of the arrow then you have entered data into your pattern/automation when in fact all you wanted to do was change the value by a large step! And it is very easy to miss that you have done this by accident!!

In the instrument settings for sample, I use it tune samples, I transpose up an octave or 2 do the fine tuning then transpose back down again.

middle click to unmute/mute pattern

AUTOMATION:

Left Control + Click for fine tuning

Left control + hover for value

If you do this on purpose, it can actually sound pretty cool. Meaning ANOTHER HIDDEN TIP