The Instrument Inventory And Browser!

Hello,

My first question to the renoise design team is this:
Why do the DISK BROWSER - TRACK SCOPES - MASTER SCOPES - MASTER SPECTRUM
buttons dissapear when you press on MORE in the Disk Browser window???

I know the window goes back to LESS by itself when you select a song and that you can press the less button by yourself (by scrolling dooooown~)
But what if i only want to pick a sample from another song and chose to have the MORE view?
Can you have the MORE view set to default? and have the buttons at the top still there?
or is this just a designflaw that will be fixed in RC2 or final?

Also,
I really really wanted you guys to remove the whole 00>FF instrument inventory thing.
Right now i cannot have more than FF instruments/samples (i think thats 255) and i often find myself deleting some samples because i have no room for more.
And the instrument window is still TOO small and a bitch to navigate because there is no search function there!

Is another inventory system in the works??
Thank you.

Hehe, I thought I was the only one who would care about having more than 256 instrument slots (“256 is enough for anybody” ;) ). But in any case, becase the FF system is tied up with the tracker window, it looks like having more slots will be tricky to implement for the official release of V2.

BUT, I love your idea of a search in the instrument section (hey why not stick a search in the file section too?). I mentioned it earlier along with keyword searching (words are simply counted separately like Google, instead of as a phrase), and faster loading of VSTs.

FE hex is the highest instrument you can address in the pattern editor, thats why we have this limit.

About the expanded DiskOp: Well, how could it be bigger when not expanding over the upper area? You can not have the “more” browser by default but you can save a global workspace preset that fits your needs. Take a look at the 1/2/3/…7 buttons on the top right of the interface…

Just to be sure, you are aware that each instrument out of that ±255 possible slots can consist out of many more samples then 1?

I dont see why you cant have up to ZZ in the tracker window for the instrument numbering. Like C-4 J6… But i guess that’s renoise3 :P

I tested the MORE/LESS in the smallest possible window size and i see that the buttons dont fit because you put other buttons there instead. My bad, i should have checked that first.
But why Chord mode, Quantize and Follow pattern buttons are more imortant than the Navigation buttons when you select a song is beyond me.

2.0 now has drag and drop which allows you to use your OS as a disk browser.

It’s not what you asked for, but it’s what I do to have a better disk browser. Just a suggestion.