The long, long road to my first Renoise song: "Walking the Walk&#3

Here’s the song:

Here’s the admittedly self-indulgent story behind this:

I used to compose music in Scream Tracker and Impulse Tracker in the 90’s, under the handle “Arcturus.” I first started toying with Renoise in 2006 but never got very far because I would get frustrated, or have a lack of creativity, or just didn’t have the time. Every year or two I would try it again but would abandon it for the same reasons.

Then, sometime in the last year, I listened to one of my old favorites, Infinity by Necros and Khyron. It was the song that made me want to learn how to track back when I was a teenager, and it resonated with me again. So I finally focused, buckled down, and spent the last couple of months working on a song - and I finally completed one. It’s a lot harder to find time to make music nowadays with a full-time job, wife, and three kids, but I somehow managed to do it.

Anyway, it feels good to be making music again. I have a lot to learn about Renoise and I haven’t even begun to dabble in VST’s yet, but I hope to be able to make a new song every now and then.

The song’s name comes from the fact that I was walking home from the bus stop when I came up with the tune (the bpm is about the same cadence I was walking at the time). The image on the song is from the mural I walk by every day (but pixelated).

Hope you all enjoy it.

Love this one!

Wel made! Enjoyed myself. :slight_smile:

Very nice tune! :slight_smile: Looking forward to your next tracks!