The next step ( feature wise )

Let’ s stop playing on the safe side and get wild .

-Filter fm/audio rate modulation .

-Delay time modulatable without artifacts (crossfade algo or not ,as long as the modulatable output is artifacts free )

-Self resonanting filter with non linearities without using drive ( drives messes with the amp env.shape)

• User configurable signal flow for the instrument modulation …atm the filter is the last stage and the amp ( env) is the first stage .

-Fast envelopes independant of song tempo ( multiple decay stages are NOt instantenious ) because of the internal interpol.

-Audio rate lfo

I am aware that updating the engine/code is required to achieve audio rate modulation and the cpu hit will increase but I think it’s worth it .

Renoise shows some similarities with reason , the internal control rate of reason( yellow cv cables ) is around 700HZ ( which is too low for audio rate duties ) ,a sine lfo that runs at 100 hZ has only 7 updates per cycle …making it a low res.steppy waveform .

Have a look at TAL sampler plugin for inspiration

Altough meant to replicate old dac samplers ,

the filters / delay have all of the above features @ a stellar sound quality.

The delay time has a crossfade algo but no artifacts when modulating it .

Get inspired or have a chat with patrick kunz (tal dev.) and see if he wants to joy the team

INcrease renoise selling/update price

:slight_smile:

I’ll keep on hammering this: Renoise 3.1 Beta - Ideas & Suggestions - Add “Show sample properties” below instrument box

all 2016 long. devil.gif

I don’t want delay time modulatable without artifacts unless it is a choice. If anything, I want more artefacts, like when you tweak Analogic Delay, that combined with all the new filters available would be great. Being able to load fx in to the feedback chain like Bitwig allows would be fantastic but not sure how that could be implemented in the current UIs.

Want to be able to recall multiple parameter values with a button menu

Finer automation

Global Transpose

Ability to “mute” or “solo” samples within an instrument

Wave scan-ability (Some Modulated loop pointed grainy shiznit yeah)

Option to auto assign Instrument to Tracks

Better folder Memory. I don’t want my sample folder popping up when I’m trying to save a patch.

Option to organize VST’s with directory folders

Track Horizontally…

-Delay time modulatable without artifacts (crossfade algo or not ,as long as the modulatable output is artifacts free )

With pitch bending or not? I guess it’s not always sure if pitch bending is considered an artifact or not.

• User configurable signal flow for the instrument modulation …atm the filter is the last stage and the amp ( env) is the first stage .

This kind of needs to be fixed. I’m not sure why it was done this eccentric way. With the better filters of course I play with the resonance more, but hearing self oscillations ringing out after the sound should be shut off is a bit annoying. If one wants that effect, use the effect version?