The Official Tuning Feature Proposal

Yes, I think the small clavier is better too.

Aha! Actually, I did not forget, I thought about it! But I was running on fumes and didn’t bother to put it in the mockups. Maybe I’ll add them later.

A presets menu such as the ones in native DSPs would be good. And if that didn’t exist, we could still depend on the (hypothetical) XRNX tool to save ‘n’ load tunings. But you’re right, why treat these settings as a second-class citizen of Renoisia?

Nice visualizations diptera!

Some words from the devs in this thread on the possibility of microtuning in Renoise would be nice B)

As someone who love Asian music I would surely appreciate if 24TET, 7TET and 5TET instrument got easier to make. I am not sure how good I would be at using them though.

I am bumping this topic because I would love to see any or all of these ideas implemented. Ideally I’d like instruments to be able to have more flexible tunings, but even just the short term solutions would make me very glad. I’ve been using pitch bends to approximate microtuning and I must say it’s a major pain.

never forget

word up!

Yep! Finetuning in command would be very useful at composing music containing clean, perfect intervals and would make matching higher partials together possible. It means i.e. clean “stable” non-phasing chords et.c… Definetely my +1 for this.

bump

Great work, Diptera. I’ve nothing to add. Would love to play with alternative scales.

Would also love somekind of pitchbend for native instruments. Is there a thread dealing with this? I could not find one.

tuning / loading of .tun / .scl files is one of the last un-popped cherries for tool makers to pop.

dBlue already did some pre-work little over one year ago:

And because the envelopes are now available, this should be a an easy target to score with…

yep I know, but much to my disappointment nothing happened with that code (afaik).

Interesting! But how would that work though through the envelope section, as you can’t have differentiating pitch envelopes per sample in one instrument.

I’ve been experimenting a lot with 7EDO lately so I would like to add another big +1. There is no decent DAWs for making music outside of 12EDO. Actually I’ve found that renoise even as it is not is the best for it since it is such a powerful sampler in it’s own right but it is quite tiresome to copy paste samples, tune them and then assign them on the keymapper manually. Especially with Renoise’s use of hexadecimal cents units for tuning.

This is what 7EDO sounds like btw:

No, not that, but you could allow the tool to automatically map the pitch values to the envelope for specific keys, but that ofcourse sucks if you have parallel sample layers of which only one of both samples should be tuned out of scope.
As far as i consider, the transpose and fintune values are doing just great for these purposes. The pitch envelope or LFO can perhaps only add a minor dynamic swing to it. (specially the pitch envelope)